Ron DeSantis

official U.S. Congress photo of Ron DeSantis, c. 2012/2013

Birth Name: Ronald Dion DeSantis

Place of Birth: Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.

Date of Birth: September 14, 1978

Ethnicity: Italian

Ron DeSantis is an American attorney, naval officer, and politician. A Republican, he has been Governor of Florida, since January 8, 2019. He was previously a Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida, from January 3, 2013 to September 10, 2018.

Ron is the son of Karen (Rogers) and Ronald DeSantis. He is married to news and conversation television show host Casey DeSantis, with whom he has two children.

DeSantis’ paternal grandfather was Daniel DeSantis (the son of Nicola DeSantis and Maria Nolfi). Maria was from Bugnara, Abruzzo.

Ron’s maternal grandfather was Philip Rogers (the son of Antonio Rogers/Ruggiero and Rosina Storti). Antonio was born in St. Cosmo-Damiano, Caserta, Campania, Italy. Rosina was born in Castelfranci, Avellino, Campania.

Ron’s maternal grandmother was Carolyn Delisio (the daughter of Robert Kresienzo Delisio and Anna DeOtto). Carolyn was born in Ohio, to Italian parents. Robert was born in Pacentro, Provincia dell’Aquila, Abruzzo.

Sources: Information about some of Ron’s family history – https://medium.com

Genealogy of Ron DeSantis – https://www.geni.com

1. bablah says:

I was wondering if I should have used the Bavarian tag, but the only peron under that tag is Lothar Matthäus.

• madman says:

I wish all these province tags were removed (with a few exceptions).

• andrew says:

mind your business, madman (in this case)

• madman says:

Well, then I want Renée Zellweger to be tagged as Jämtish. Jämtland even has their own language so it should make sense. Sounds reasonable, right?

• andrew says:

Why not. I don’t find Jämtish as appealing as Silesian or Bavarian or Galician Jewish though

Btw this custom about Italian regional tags was born after Ariana Grande’s tweet “I am Sicilian and Abruzzese”

• andrew says:

I would change the status quo though.

Mods find those tags alright, as the only U.S.-related ones like Super Bowl MVP or People Magazine Sexiest Man Alive.

I suggested to make a Ballon d’Or winner tag but the most popular sport in the world is a minor one here.

• andrew says:

Excuse me, I meant I would not change. Damn my smartphone

2. follers says:

Ugh, it’s monkey man.

• jackson9 says:

This is not a criticism of ethnic celebs, just curious, how come for tags we put down regions of Italy and not for most countries? Also mind confirming Jets legend Joe Klecko…. he is at least half Polish I believe.

• andrew says:

Because it’s cool (for Spain too). I think Wikipedia has something like that too (“people of Calabrian descent” for example) and it helps to understand better the Italian diaspora. Italy is a relatively young country while its regions have over 2000 years of history and cultural legacy.