Gigi Hadid

Birth Name: Jelena Noura Hadid

Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California, United States

Date of Birth: April 23, 1995

Ethnicity:
*Arab Palestinian (father)
*Dutch (mother)

Gigi Hadid is an American model and television personality. Her siblings are Bella Hadid and Anwar Hadid, who are both also models, with Bella also being an equestrian.

Gigi’s father, Mohamed Hadid, who was born in Nazareth, Israel, is an Arab Palestinian (he is of the Muslim religion, and has said, “I wouldn’t call myself a ‘devout’ Muslim… but I’m very proud of my heritage”). However, Gigi’s sister Bella has said, “He [their father] was always religious, and he always prayed with us. I am proud to be a Muslim.”

Gigi’s mother, television personality, model, and interior designer Yolanda Hadid (née Yolanda van den Herik), is Dutch, from Papendrecht.

Gigi’s paternal grandparents were Anwar Mohamed Hadid and Kharia Daher.

Gigi’s father has said that he is descended from Zahir al-Umar, an autonomous Arab ruler of northern Palestine in the mid-18th century.

Gigi’s maternal grandmother is named Ans. She is pictured here.

Photo by Prphotos.com

gigi hadid ethnicity

misscheergirly

CHEER -DANCE-THEATRE-SINGING

1. cwm85 says:

Lol I just reported you and you are attacking several people Tyler not just me.

• Tyler says:

Hmm but I’m not and unless you can prove that the site mods won’t buy it. Too bad.

• cwm85 says:

I’ve read several of your racist comments and attacking me and others who disagree with your uneducated opinions. You called me a fucking idiot on this page. And I retaliated. Do you need me to cooy and paste your comments?

• Tyler says:

Nothing I have stated was racist, in fact it was you with the racist views. Disagreeing with an opinion is not attacking, what’s attacking is when you track down someones comments and constantly harass them, which is what you are doing. You’re the one that attacked me and everyone else, you even replied to me and said “I can reply to anyone and cause a dispute” you’re still trying even when I commented on Natalie Portman.

Again you’re making up crap that you can’t prove. Here’s an idea… you stop replying to my posts and leave me alone. You clearly have too much time on your hands and need to get a life.

• sparkles180 says:

cwm85, how exactly did you report another user? I’m trying to figure this out but I don’t know how. Do you click on admin?

• cwm85 says:

Talk to a mod. There is a lot of racist and attacking on here but they let people reign free to attack spew all type of racist and hateful language on here I noticed. I’ve been on here since late june and the comments have been completely vicious a lot of times. Free speech I guess lol

2. Tyler says:

As a white guy I don’t consider her white because she’s half Palestinian, those people are not white and it’s crazy that people actually she’s white and it’s quite insulting to real white people. White is socially used to describe people of full european descent with european features.

Guess what? White people don’t benefit from affirmative action but someone of Palestinian descent like gigi does, why? Because they are NOT white. You can’t benefit from affirmative action then claim to be white, that’s a double standard and it doesn’t work that way. It’s a slap on the face to white people if you’re going to benefit from that and then try to come into our group and claim white.

Only an idiot would actually think she’s white.

• stonelord says:

what a load of nonsense. I’m afraid your dna and your skull features override man-made ridiculous junksuch as ‘affirmative action.’ She’s not black, she’s not Chinese…well, what does that leave?

• midori29 says:

I just discovered this girl was half Arab muslim, etc. In America half European and Indian meztizo Mexican, Middle Eastern, Indian, Asian ,etc is considered still socially white. l’ve known half Mexican and white people who consider themselves white. People talk about the one drop rule for blacks. But American whites have a larger one drop social rule too. Meaning anything mixed with white, except 50 /40 percent black is still white. Its true. Some people in America even consider many Puerto Ricans and North Africans as white too.

• Tyler says:

Lol again all the middle eastern people on this site trying to convince me that they’re white, you’re not. Most palestinians don’t consider themselves white. If they are white europeans then why are they terrorizing europeans all the time? why are they labelled as people of color and benefit from affirmative action? Why are muslims hired on the spot for diversity? Exactly cause they’re not your typical white american of european descent.

“In America half European and Indian meztizo Mexican, Middle Eastern, Indian, Asian ,etc is considered still socially white…..But American whites have a larger one drop social rule too. Meaning anything mixed with white, except 50 /40 percent black is still white.”

So by your logic michael steger is only white just cause he’s half norwegian despite the fact his other half is ecuadorian and looks nothing like a white guy. Flawed logic. I never heard of that “rule”. Last time I checked anyone with two races are considered mixed raced or biracial, not only white or only asian. Many people from Latin america are originally from europe so they are white but Hadid is from Palestine which is in the middle east so they don’t have ancestors from europe or the same features as europeans, therefore not white. She’s just as much arab as she is european which overall makes her a poc.

Again you can’t claim to be white while having the benefit from being a poc. The amount of anti-white sentiment on this site is crazy.

• musicfangirl says:

Palestinians are white…

3. Tyler says:

Her body is good but her face is fugly. This explains her face, I thought she was white but she’s actually half arabic and her dad is muslim….Instant turn off.

• midori29 says:

10 years ago, her look and ethnicity would have never been so popular. It shows that America is changing to accept more ethnic looking white people. I think the Kardashians illustrate that too. Americans are getting away from the true European look. They are picking Brazilian and other mixed whites.

4. Alex234 says:

Wow it got heated in here, so many rude insults. The amount of stupidity on this site is daunting. Some people think one way and some think another.

I think you guys really need to leave that user sparkles alone. She’s entitled to her opinion, just like everyone else. The amount of insults thrown as her, “idiot”, “moron” is insane. I’m looking at you cwm85, neiltennant and andrew. You know this site would have more people if you guys didn’t hate on someone for holding a different opinion? This place is a joke because of the amount of crazy people that spread hate. While we’re at it I don’t consider her white either, bite me. If you guys bother to reply and insult me like you did to the other users then I’ll report you for online harassment.

5. sparkles180 says:

It doesn’t matter what you think, most americans don’t consider a half palestinian to be white and you all know that. She’s not white, she’s mixed. End of story.

• cwm85 says:

She’s white you idiot.

• sparkles180 says:

Even Gigi herself admits she’s not white despite looking white and had trouble in the modeling industry for being a woc. Palestinians are not white, no one considers them to be white. Now leave me alone, I’m not going to agree with you.

• ashash says:

Do you have a source for this?

• ashash says:

I looked up interviews where Gigi referred to herself as a woman of color and could find none. She is a woman of color, I guess, but I have a hard time believing she had trouble in the modeling industry. She has the stereotypical look of what they look for in their average model (tall, blonde, colored-eyes). Plus, her mother was a model, her father is a renowned real estate agent, and her stepfather is a music producer. Gigi is only 20 and already a famous model. Before that, she was a child model, getting lots of work. It doesn’t seem like she’s struggling to me (at all). In fact, she is better off than most (white) models.

• sparkles180 says:

Ashash You’re wrong. It sounds like your making stuff up so you’ll feel better. The modeling industry doesn’t hire people based on having blonde hair or blue eyes – that would count as discrimination. They hire based on body figure and height. From the way it looks, there’s more dark haired models then blondes in the industry.

• sparkles180 says:

That first sentence was a typo, what I ment was… Even Gigi herself admits she had trouble in the modeling industry also she’s not white despite looking white because she’s still a woc.

I’m not saying she struggled cause of her background(it was worded wrong) I’m saying I read that she struggled and here’s the article on it, thats all. Apparently it was due to her figure. Also here’s the article on how she struggled in the modeling industry.

Anyway my point from the previous comments was, it’s wrong to disacknowledge her palestinian side which is something a lot of users are doing on here.

• stonelord says:

so what ARE Palestinians, Sparkles? They aren’t black,they are not Chinese/Japanese etc. No such thing as an ‘Arab race’ as an anthropologist will tell you.

• sparkles180 says:

Arabs are generally brown. Even white arabs have family relatives that are brown, in some families you’ll have two cousins one is white and one is brown but they are related. Sometimes two white arabs end up having a brown arab kid. The same way how the japanese are asian but some japanese people look very white yet aren’t, some arabs look very white but aren’t because arabs don’t have the same genetics as white europeans.

Also don’t bother forcing your view on me. Most people in america don’t consider her to be fully white, she’s half white she’s not a fully white european girl.

• sparkles180 says:

Actually arab can count as a race. Look up the dictionary definition of race – it’s pretty much a group of people that hold certain physical/regional/historical similarities.