Alessia Cara

Q102's Jingle Ball 2015 at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia - December 09, 2015

Cara in 2015, photo by Prphotos

Birth Name: Alessia Caracciolo

Place of Birth: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Date of Birth: July 11, 1996

Ethnicity: Italian

Alessia Cara is a Canadian singer and songwriter. Her parents, Enza (Ciccione) and Vincenzo Caracciolo, are both of Italian origin. She has three siblings, Dario, Danica, and Dante.

Alessia has said:

Both my parents are Italian. My mom was born and raised in Italy. My dad was born in Canada, but then they moved to Italy. He moved back and forth, but he’s first generation Canadian because both of his parents were born and raised in Italy. My mom moved to Canada with my dad after they got married. I’m really in touch with my Italian roots. My mom’s whole side of the family is there…. [I spoke Italian] when I was younger, my mom didn’t speak English, so she always spoke to us in Italian. I had a weird accent when I was kid. I didn’t really know how to speak English because they’d always speak to me in Italian. I didn’t learn how to speak English without an Italian accent until kindergarten.

A picture of Alessia and her mother can be seen here.

1. bablah says:

She said her family is from Calabria.

• andrew says:

in that case it’s some extremely atypical sequence of siblings, even though Calabria is anthropologically recorded as the darkest region of Italy’s mailand by pigmentation

• Obey says:

Many white people have this same pigmentation because of the tan. Who is a descendant of Italian and lives in South America, for example, takes a lot of bathing in the sea of beaches and ends up developing a pigmentation in the skin causing in spots and a dark tone in different parts of the body. Does not mean anything. There is a lot of Italian with this color, even darker if they come from a certain region of Italy.

2. neiltennant says:

if i read here ITALIANS do have distant african roots

i will be get mad

because it is true but on the other hand you will never find one native italian with distant african looks

thats bullshit

Italians look european although most of them have black hair and brown eyes

• Thenabster says:

Well, Italians, Greeks, Balkan people (I.e. Albanians, Serbs, Croats, Bosnians, etc) and others can look Middle Eastern.

• Jacklyn 224 says:

Dude they genetically mixed race due to the Moorish invasions.Moors are afro Arabs,so they were already mixed themselves. Italians are about 10-40%afro Arab.Think an ethiopian mixes with a German=italia.Like every mixed race society some will pass as white ,some Arab,some look like a stereotypical brown mulatto and to lesser extents if those black genes are strong they’re pass as black(e.g mike tricio).you inherit whichever gene is dominant that’s how it worksbut the very fact that their looks range in vast degrees en tails that their mixed race.

3. Ardor says:

She looks like a typical northern African (Algerian, Tunisian, Moroccan).

Pure Italians don’t look like that.

4. alexgxo says:

By that I guess Alessia’s just really exotic looking. Or she could have distant african ancestors. Anyone’s guess.

5. alexgxo says:

She looks just like this HALF Jewish/half Western European descent girl, Jade Ramey. Everyone thought she was mixed but her 23andme DNA test revealed that she was 97 percent European/european Jewish, 1 percent middle eastern and 2 percent black/Africa which is pretty normal results (minus the half euro Jewish) for “white people”. I guess Alesia’s cara may Be one of those people.