Kourtney Kardashian

Birth Name: Kourtney Mary Kardashian

Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California, United States

Date of Birth: April 18, 1979

Ethnicity:
*father – Armenian
*mother – English, as well as Scottish, Irish, German, and Dutch

Kourtney Kardashian is an American socialite, television personality, and model. She is the daughter of Robert Kardashian, a lawyer for OJ Simpson during Simpson’s murder trial, and Kris Jenner (born Kristen Mary Houghton), a socialite. Her siblings are Kim Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian, and Rob Kardashian, and her half-siblings are Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner. Through her ex-stepparent, Caitlyn Jenner, she was a stepsister of socialite Brody Jenner and musician Brandon Jenner. Kourtney has three children with her former partner, businessperson Scott Disick, including Penelope Disick. Kourtney’s niece is North West.

Kourtney’s father was of Armenian descent. Kourtney’s mother is from a family that has lived in the United States for many generations, and has English, as well as smaller amounts (to varying degrees) of Scottish, Irish, German, and Dutch, ancestry.

A 23andMe DNA test whose results were displayed on the show Keeping Up with the Kardashians (2018) stated that Kourtney’s and her sister Khloé’s genetic ancestry is:

*53%-58% European
——–*4.5% French
*41.6% Middle Eastern & North African

The test also evidently stated that the Kardashians have a fraction of Native American DNA, presumably under .4% in Khloé’s case, given her 58% European and 41.6% Middle Eastern results.

Kourtney’s paternal grandfather was Arthur Kardashian (the son of Tatos Saghatel “Thomas” Kardashian and Hamas “Hanna” Shakarian). Arthur was born in Los Angeles, California. Tatos was born in the Russian Empire, of Armenian descent, the son of Saghatel/Sam Kardashian/Kardaschoff and Hrepsema/Harom/Mary Mooschekiav/Varsoff/Yousbahian/Yuzbashian, who were ethnic Armenian Molokan Jumpers from Karakale, Kars, Russian Empire (now Turkey). Kourtney’s family’s last name was spelled Kardaschoff in Russia. Kourtney’s great-grandmother Hamas was born in Armenia or in Ardahan Province, Turkey, the daughter of Demos/Tom Shakarian and Goolisar/Grace Yesilbashian/Thomson.

Kourtney’s paternal grandmother was Helen Jean Arakelian (the daughter of John Arakel Mgrditchian Arut Arakelian and Vartanoosh/Rose Miroyan/Mirayan). Helen was born in Los Angeles, California. John was born in Getap, Vayots Dzor, Armenia. Vartanoosh was born in Erzurum, Erzurum, Turkey, of Armenian descent, the daughter of Hovhannes Miroyan and Luciag Chorbajian.

Kourtney’s maternal grandfather was Robert True Houghton (the son of True Otis Houghton and Mary Lee Pickens). Robert was born in California. True was the son of Otis Sewall Houghton and Lula Laura Bernard/Barnard. Mary Lee was the daughter of Charles/Charlie Luran A. Pickens and Lizzie/Elizabeth Mae/Mary A. Douglas/Douglass.

Kourtney’s maternal grandmother is Mary Gorden/Jo Campbell (the daughter of Gorden/Gordon Lowe Campbell and Lou Ethel Wyatt). Kourtney’s grandmother Mary was born in Arkansas. Gorden was the son of Jefferson Davis Campbell and Freedonia/Fredonia/Fredom May Teaney. Lou was the daughter of Walter Alba Wyatt and Mary Tiny VanZandt/Van Zandt.

Kourtney’s matrilineal line can be traced back to her great-great-great-great-grandmother, S. Margaret “Maggie” Gray, who was born, c. 1833, in Mississippi.

Sources: Genealogies of Kourtney Kardashian – http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com

Genealogies and obituaries of Kourtney’s paternal grandparents, Arthur Kardashian and Helen Jean (Arakelian) Kardashian – http://www.findagrave.com

Kourtney’s maternal great-grandmother, Lou Ethel Wyatt, on the 1930 U.S. Census – https://familysearch.org

Genealogy of Kourtney’s maternal great-great-grandmother, Mary Tiny VanZandt/Van Zandt – http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com

Genealogies of Kourtney’s maternal great-great-great-grandparents, Jacob James VanZandt/Van Zandt and Margaret Elizabeth Magee – https://www.ancestry.co.uk

1. ! says:

Armenia is above Iran and east of Turkey. So she is part middle eastern.

• Pasqal says:

Armenia is in Transcaucasia (aka South Caucasus) which is a geopolitical region located on the border of Eastern Europe and Southwest Asia. Middle east begins in southeast Turkey and northern Iran. Kourtney’s mom Kris has native american ancestry.. so she’s a part native american.

• kiwi777 says:

That explains Kourtneys natural brown skin.

• Anonymous47ehdhy says:

Middle Eastern is merely a region in western Asia, not a race. Second, no, Armenia is not in the Middle East.

2. Maria says:

She is the best looking of the 3 sisters in my opinion.

3. Really? says:

What’s with WANTING to claim WhiteneSS sooo bad?? Most of my white friends try to throw in some ethnic here and there in their mix or learn other languages to get away from being the oppressor. Thank God for white people who like to keep it Real…For all you brownies who keep trying to claim your whiteness to feel better about yourself, GOOD LUCK! Whitees see right through your fakeness and joke about it ya dummies!

• Nicole says:

I am a Canadian of English, Irish, and Portuguese descent. My skin is pretty dark and I have black hair. I am white. I never try to throw in something “ethnic” to distant myself from being the “oppressor.” This is who I am and you are trying to make me feel ashamed of my race, something I cannot change?

• I love you, Roger Scientist says:

“This is who I am and you are trying to make me feel ashamed of my race, something I cannot change?”

That’s all they do on this site.

• Euro says:

Nicole:You are probaby mixed. Many mixed Europeans who went to the America(Continent)pretended to be pure Portuguese, Italian , Irish and from other countries to be consider white and accepted. Also I read stories of birracial and native americans that pretended to be European.Sorry but in these days, DNA is already showing that you may be mixed with non white.Do not worry. We are all mixed. Only some people are more mixed than others and it shows. I am a white Dutch but even I know that we all came from Africa.

• kiwi777 says:

I agree… Some of them have dark features and look more middle eastern but have the nerve to say they are just white and white only. Give me a break; I bet a KKK member will not see them as white.

• Anonymous47ehdhy says:

Lol stfu at @really?

• abritanyxo says:

Lol you are on this site because I’m sure you are the one obsessed with mixed race people. It’s always white people that are obsessed and asking me what I am. The bottom line is that the world has been conditioned to associate whiteness with beauty (and now intelligent people are seeing right through that). Race is a social construct. People that are pure African can be superior in appearance to people of pure European or Asian descent. Example, a pure white person would be Hitler. A pure black person would be Idris Elba. I’m sure 99.9% of the world would say Idris Elba by far is more handsome. Another example, Sandra bullock (I love her) and Jennifer Aniston both pure white vs Iman or Tyra banks 90-100% black). Majority of the world would say the latter women were more beautiful. The point I’m trying to make is looks, intelligence, etc have nothing to do with a person’s ethnic background and this flawed idea that white is more beautiful or superior is based on oppressors trying to keep the control and power. You saying “whites see right through your fakeness” as if you are superior and looking down laughing is a joke. The people that believe whites are superior I have to agree are dummies. Lol. Now, in my opinion, Kourtney looks like she could have some Asian mixture. Just based on people I’ve seen in life.

4. maria says:

U. Know she mexican some way some how. But to good to say it

5. Myspace Celebrity says:

Back when the Kardashians girls weren’t as famous,my friends used to say that Kim looked like a mestiza (Latina), Kourtney looked Asian,and Khloe looked white.