Camila Mendes

Camila Mendes – Marie Claire Celebrates “Fresh Faces” with an Event Sponsored by Maybelline – Arrivals – Doheny Room Lounge, 9077 Santa Monica Boulevard – West Hollywood, CA, USA, 2017 – Photo Credit: PRPhotos.com

Birth Name: Camila Carraro Mendes

Place of Birth: Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S.

Date of Birth: June 29, 1994

Ethnicity: Brazilian [Portuguese, Italian, other]

Camila Mendes is an American actress. She is known for starring as Veronica on the show Riverdale.

She is the daughter of Gisele (Carraro) and Victor Mendes.

Camila’s parents are Brazilian. Her father is from Brasília and her mother is from Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul. Her father’s surname is usually Portuguese. Her mother’s surname is of Italian origin.

Camila’s mother is pictured here.

Source: http://www.glamour.com

1. TeddyBearBoy says:

Never would’ve guessed she was brazillian

2. andrew says:

being her mother white (and with a Venetian surname) her father is definitely mixed-race

• stlucas says:

Most people from Brasília are. I’m quite sure her father has some Amerindian roots.

• andrew says:

she looks Polynesian

• alexgxo says:

LOL. She doesn’t look Polynesian whatsoever. She looks many Native admixed Latinos I’ve seen.

I assume you and many others don’t consider Camila “white” but I have friends who say otherwise. It depends on perspective I guess. To my friends they see anyone pale skin as “white”. And that includes many East Asians who have white skin (and when European explorers first arrived in East Asia, they originally described them as “white”).

And in Camila’s own home country she can definitely pass and identify as “white”. There are “White” Brazilians with some African or Native ancestry and look more “ethnic” than her but still pass and identify as “white”.

• andrew says:

I am not sure she may be considered branca (white) in his home country.

It’s true native Tongans or Samoans are much more brown than her, but I’ve seen her phenotype in Cook Islands women.

• italiano90 says:

@alexgxo She is not white passing. East Asians are not “white” and never will be simply because…they aren’t. Whats wrong with being asian? Also many East Asians aren’t TRULY pale. Most East Asians have brown areolas/genitalia. Most turn a fine golden color under the sun. Having light skin doesn’t automatically make you pale.