Ciara

Ciara in 2007, Joe Seer/bigstock.com

Birth Name: Ciara Princess Harris

Place of Birth: Bell, Texas, U.S.

Date of Birth: October 25, 1985

Ethnicity: African-American

Ciara is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer, model, and actress.

Her parents, Jackie (Smith) and Carlton Harris, are both African-American. She was born in Austin, Texas, and grew up on army bases in Germany, New York, Utah, California, Arizona, and Nevada, as her father served in the U.S. army. She spent her teen years in Atlanta.

Her name, Ciara, is of Irish origin, and means black or dark.

Ciara is married to football player Russell Wilson. She has a son with her former fiancé, rapper, singer, and songwriter Future; and a daughter with Russell.

Ciara’s maternal grandmother is named Gladys Stewart.

Source: Meaning of the name Ciara – http://members.tripod.com

1. midori29 says:

Lighting, makeup and fake hair weaves have alot to do with it. I know in certain lighting, I can look mixed too. Even though im black. Some pics depending on the lighting, I can look half Chinese or half Mexican. Or if I dye my hair black and straighten it , I have been told that I look half East Indian. In dark lighting, I can look West African. In average lighting and with my hair done, I look African American. Most lighting brightens celebrities.

2. cwm85 says:

I agree with you. I personally would like to know what my African ethnicity I am. I know my European and native American sides from my dads side… and through research but no luck to see if my African side is Nigerian, Angolan, Cameroon etc.

3. midori29 says:

Scroll down this link 100 percent Nigerian African subsaharan black women , Ciara fits right in.

4. midori29 says:

People from other countries or even in America need to realize that 90% percent of black American women are not mixed as in having two parents of different races. Biracial people in America is very RARE still, America is Not BRAZIL. Most blacks have two black parents. The black women you see are not biracial. I think people see Halle Berry then simply pick black women that look similar as mixed NO NO NO. Halle Berry is just a black American looking biracial. The only admixture 90 percent of black women in America have is 100 years in the past from slavery rape. Black people marry each other only most in America. They do not marry other races that much. Every pretty black woman is not mixed. 90 percent of black American women are not mixed. GET IT.

• Alice says:

Halle Berry is actually biracial. Her mother is a white woman. This site is mainly concerned with ethnicity so should just state what breakdown of ancestry people have. People can identify how they want. If Halle identifies as African-American that is up to her but she is mixed racially. Most African-Americans do have admixture. While they are mostly African many can have about 15 – 30% European ancestry. I do understand what you are saying but if ethnicity is known it should be listed.

• cwm85 says:

How the hell do you know 90 percent of African-American women are pure African? Wtf lol… what study did this come from?

• midori29 says:

@cwm85, you dont have to be a rocket scientist to see the interacial black white couples have been rare in America. Until now people with two parents of different races DID NOT Mix in America. As a matter of fact until the Lovings legitimized mixed marriages in America people are different races could not marry. It was ILLEGAL in America. There fore most black American women 90% are not mixed within the last 100 years , excluding slavery rape.