Raven-Symoné

Raven-Symoné in 2011, Dfree/bigstock.com

Birth Name: Raven-Symoné Christina Pearman

Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.

Date of Birth: December 10, 1985

Ethnicity: African-American

Raven-Symoné is an American actress, singer, songwriter, executive producer, and director. She first gained fame starring in the television show The Cosby Show. Her parents are both black.

Raven-Symoné is married to Miranda Maday.

Raven-Symoné’s paternal grandfather is the son of Oscar Cicero Pearman, Sr. and Vera Clyde Jones.

Raven-Symoné’s maternal grandfather was Julius Herbert Gaulden (the son of James Andra “Jim” Gaulden and Johnnie Lee Simpkins). Julius was born in Louisiana. Jim was the son of Andrew Gaulden and Mary Ann Colloin/Collins.

Raven-Symoné’s maternal grandmother is named Louise Moss. Louise was born in Louisiana.

Sources: Genealogy of Raven-Symoné – http://www.geni.com

Article about Raven-Symoné’s family – http://files.usgwarchives.net

1. izzybizzy says:

Americans are weird. How do they call her black? In the rest of the America’s she’s considered mixed

2. cwm85 says:

She’s American. Not African American.

3. Surreal says:

She’s African American. People must realize, that African American is a biracial ethnic group. It doesn’t mean you’re 100% SSA as no African American is 100% Sub-Saharan African.

Do you go, “she can’t be only Puerto Rican?!” When you see a Puerto Rican that doesn’t look like your sterotypical Puerto Rican? It’s be dumb of you if you did. Puerto Rican are also a multiracial ethnic group, same with Mexicans, Brazilians, Costa Ricans, etc.

• Ava900 says:

@Surreal, she is not African-American because she says she is not. She identifies with her Native American ancestry.

• Jarap says:

African American is not a biracial group because some have no more than 20% European. That would not be considered Bi. 50-50 is bi-racial. Mostly African descendants. Latinos are tri -racial because that is what is in their DNA. A mixed raced group regardless of how light or dark their complexion is. A small percentage have mostly African or European DNA.

4. xoxo says:

Didn’t you hear? She told Oprah that she’s not an African American, she’s American.

• Mabasei says:

fuck her denial

• Ava900 says:

If she says she is not African American then she is not. She if if Native American descent so it needs to be changed to Native American.

• fuzzybear44 says:

she said she wasn’t African American, but she did say she was black. That’s what she wanted to make clear

• LIAHtheoldertiti35 says:

It is clear that she is mixed, she can be all of that, she said she has European descent too, it is true that she is native too yes or no, I never noticed, I loved her program

• fuzzybear44 says:

@LIAHtheoldertiti35

Quote(It is clear that she is mixed)

Well so is pretty much everyone else over here. whether they look it or not. Most African American have European ancestry, It’s not like it’s unusual . As for her native bloodline, I haven’t a clue.Now despite what you see on tx or movies, all Native Americans didn’t look alike, so the so-called traits you’re look for probably might not be there., or at least they didn’t show up on her. My great grand pa whom I have a picture of was 3/4 native , 1/4 black. In my opinion I look nothing like him, but my brother does. Yet the man was still my great grandfather

• LIAHtheoldertiti35 says:

And because Native Americans did not survive long, many mixed with Europeans or black, Europeans passed disease and death to indigenous peoples in South and North America
            The natives of Mexico are indigenous to North America and still alive,
            I would be happy to see indigenous South America, with eyes like Japanese or Chinese, I believe that Brazil would be more developed, but I think they were stupid for not having done something to remove who knows slavery would not happen in America. from the south, sad, but humans are greedy and always searching for land, the USA killed many natives, but I think it is interesting that there is a descendant of them, they were a cool and interesting culture, in fact every indigenous culture in America is beautiful, and I think cool that there were some survivors, I think the Europeans wouldn’t want the Chinese to go there and kill the population and colonize if, sadly, they would certainly be very angry, imagine they would all be Buddhists, but probably atheists, because Europe has many atheists, lol