Selena Gomez

LOS ANGELES – APR 27: Selena Gomez at the We Day California 2017 at The Forum on April 27, 2017 in Inglewood, CA Photo by kathclick/Bigstock.com

Birth Name: Selena Marie Gomez

Place of Birth: Grand Prairie, Tarrant, Texas, U.S.

Date of Birth: July 22, 1992

Ethnicity:
*Mexican (father)
*Italian, possibly other (mother)

Selena Gomez is an American singer, actress, producer, and fashion designer. She starred on the Disney Channel series Wizards of Waverly Place, and in the film Spring Breakers.

Selena’s father, Ricardo Joel Gomez, is of Mexican descent.

Selena’s mother, stage actress Mandy Dawn (Cornett), was adopted by Debbie Jean (Gibson) and David Michael Cornett, and was raised in Texas. Selena has stated that, later in life, her mother found out that, by birth, she “has Italian roots.” It is not clear if her mother is of fully or partially Italian background; she has been referred to as both in press reports. Selena’s mother’s adoptive parents are of British Isles descent. David was born in Texas, and is the son of Ernest William Cornett and Helen Elizabeth Spangler. Debbie is the daughter of J. C. Gibson and Lois Maybell Pierce.

Selena’s parents separated when she was five years old, and her mother later married Brian Teefy. Selena is able to speak some Spanish, but not fluently. She was named after Tejano singer and actress Selena Quintanilla-Pérez.

Selena’s paternal grandparents are named José Ricardo Gómez and María “Mary” Ramos.

Sources: New York Daily News article mentioning Selena’s background – http://www.nydailynews.com

Selena mentions her mother’s Italian background – http://www.youtube.com

Genealogy of Selena Gomez – https://www.geni.com

Genealogy of Selena Gomez (focusing on her mother’s side) – https://familypedia.wikia.org

Gomez in 2011, PHOTO BY DFree/BIGSTOCK.COM

1. TITI623 says:

Gomez is a surname spanish

2. TITI623 says:

She looks spanish and italian, a maybe native american, but is not clear

3. TITI623 says:

She has kind of indigenous mexican eyes, but I have a little too, and I’m white, for me she is really white, her father is white and her mother too, looks Italian-French but I’m not sure
    They say she is part Italian from the side of the mother
    But for me she was always white Mexican
    Must have Spanish descent, I’m sure, she looks like an Iberian
    I’m also Iberian, but I don’t look so much because of the mixtures of Brazil, but yeah, I think I look Iberian, my last name is Portuguese

4. Mixed Kidd says:

I think she’s mostly European with some Native American ancestry. So basically castiza, maybe mestizo

• TITI623 says:

maybe mixed BUT NOT castiza, because she looks 100 white, I’m like this too, just like her
      , but i am white with indigenous ancestry

• andrew says:

No, she does not look “100% white” at all LOL

• TITI623 says:

she is a mixed white i think, but is not clear that she have indigenous
          i have indigenous too but i am white too

• TITI623 says:

Think with me, even though you are mixed with indigo or white, although you have traces of it, your ethnicity if you are white it will be white, and many things like that, although there are many mixed whites like me around the world, this does not it means that she is totally white, but she is white, you know, in Brazil there is a lot of white mixed up because of the Africans who arrived here, but you have one thing, many of them do not survive or have 7.9 percent of the Brazilian population is black is not a minority, but neither is it a majority, I think it is possible for a white man of my father not to have black or Indian blood, unless he is one of the places in Brazil

• TITI623 says:

Think with me, even though you are mixed with indigenous or white, although you have traces of it, your ethnicity if you are white it will be white, and many things like that, although there are many mixed whites like me around the world, this does not it means that she is totally white, but she is white, you know, in Brazil there is a lot of white mixed up because of the Africans who arrived here, but you have one thing, many of them do not survive or have 7.9 percent of the Brazilian population is black is not a minority, but neither is it a majority, I think it is possible for a white man of my father not to have black blood or i, ndigena unless he is one of the places in brazil
            ***

• TITI623 says:

Think with me, even though you are mixed with indigenous or white, although you have traces of it, your ethnicity if you are white it will be white, and many things like that, although there are many mixed whites like me around the world, this does not it means that she is totally white, but she is white, you know, in Brazil there is a lot of white mixed up because of the Africans who arrived here, but you have one thing, many of them do not survive or have 7.9 percent of the Brazilian population is black is not a minority, but neither is it a majority, I think it is possible for a white man of my father not to have black blood or i, ndigenous unless he is one of the places in brazil

• TITI623 says:

Sorry, I wrote it wrong gave a failure
          LMAO

5. Lorenzo Spitaleri says:

Looks castiza, definitely not pure white.