Sean Connery

Connery in 2006, cinemafestival / Shutterstock.com

Birth Name: Thomas Sean Connery

Place of Birth: Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland

Date of Birth: August 25, 1930

Ethnicity: Scottish, Irish

Sean Connery is a Scottish actor and producer. He is known for playing James Bond. He won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for The Untouchables (1987).

Sean is the son of Euphemia McBain (McLean) and Joseph Connery. His brother, Neil Connery, is also an actor. Sean is married to painter Micheline Roquebrune. He has a son, actor and director Jason Connery, with his former wife, Australian actress Diane Cilento.

Sean was selected People Magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” in 1989. He is thus far the only Scottish-born man to have been given this title by the magazine.

Sean’s paternal grandfather was Thomas Connery (the son of James Connery and Elizabeth McPhillips). Thomas’s parents were Irish.

Sean’s paternal grandmother was Jeannie Lawson “Jean” McNab (the daughter of John McNab and Jeanie Allison). Sean’s grandmother Jeannie was Scottish. John was the son of George McNab and Elizabeth Reid.

Sean’s maternal grandfather was Neil McLean/Maclean (the son of John McLean/Maclean and Euphemia McBain). Neil was Scottish, and was born in Edinburgh. John was the son of John McLean/Maclean and Janet Mathieson. Euphemia was the daughter of William McBain and Mary Gourlay.

Sean’s maternal grandmother was Helen Forbes Ross (the daughter of John Forbes Ross and Mary Reilly). Helen was Scottish, and was born in Aberfeldy, Grandtully, Perth and Kinross; she may have also had some Irish ancestry. John was the son of James Ross and Christina Tullock.

Sources: Family history of Sean Connery – http://web.archive.org

Genealogy of Sean Connery – https://www.geni.com

Lil Vacha

Hello, everyone.! XD

1. Capricious says:

I thought he was Welsh?

2. cwm85 says:

Definitely a Scotsman…

3. neiltennant says:

to my person ! I m of fully afghan descent and i was born in the north of afghanistan

the side of my mother is darker but for afghan standards pale while my fathers side is very pale and most of my relatives are mistaken for russians.

i was mistaken for so many ethnicities haha

bosnian, russian, serbian, but also italian or greek

whats the matter ? IT doesn’t hurt me. I know that there are people who do not fit in the stereotypes of some peoples eyes

Sean Connery was born in a western country but in my eyes he looks iranian and afghan, Thats my view and I’m not willing to change my mind

4. neiltennant says:

i swear that i had thought that he might be of arab or iranian descent

when he was younger he did not look like an arab or iranian but now in his late age he looks middle eastern

I had met several people in my life of arab descent who look like him

and last week i discussed with friends about this strange thing

• stonelord says:

Many people in the British Isles have a dark phenotype. There is this weird myth, mostly from north America, that we are bristling with blonds. Many 20-25 are blond at maximum

5. neiltennant says: