Jordan Fisher

Jordan Fisher – “Power Rangers” Los Angeles Premiere – Arrivals – Mann Village Theatre, Westwood, 961 Broxton Avenue – Los Angeles, CA, USA, 2017 – Photo Credit: Julian Blythe/HNW / PRPhotos.com

Birth Name: Jordan William Fisher

Place of Birth: Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.

Date of Birth: April 24, 1994

Ethnicity: English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Cambodian, Tahitian, African-American, Cherokee Native American, Sioux Native American

Jordan Fisher is an American singer, dancer, and actor. He stated his ethnic background in an interview with Hollywood Today Live.

Jordan was raised by his maternal grandparents. His mother was sixteen when she gave birth to him.

Jordan’s maternal grandparents are named Rodney Dale Fisher and Patricia L. Corbett.

Jordan has said:

I’m very, very, very mixed. My family is from England, I’m Polynesian, I’m Cambodian, I’m Nigerian, I’m Italian, I’m Greek, I’m Scandinavian. I’m a melting pot of everything. My family looks like a GAP ad. They do. There’s a little bit of everything. It’s beautiful. I think it’s exactly what an American family should be. That said, being from a small football town in Birmingham, Alabama, I really was one of the only people that looked like me. People didn’t really know what to think about that. I worked at Game Stop when I was 16, part-time, and had somebody refuse my service.

Sources: Articles about Jordan’s background – https://starsandcelebs.com

1. Mixed Kidd says:

Which sides are his Tahitian and Cambodian heritage from?

2. madman says:

Here, he says that his ancestry is English, Polynesian, Cambodian, Nigerian, Italian, Greek, and Scandinavian.

Here, he mentions Nigerian, Cameroonian, South African, Tahitian, and Italian.

3. callmecharlie says:

Why is it that he can just state in an interview that he is a certain ethnicity and you guys just allow it, but other celebrities can do the same thing and the entry will say “there is nothing back up that claim.”

• madman says:

Because we don’t know anything about his ancestry except for his maternal grandparents’ names (and that they’re white).

My guess is he took a DNA test and is just listing every tiny result that showed up, not his actual ancestral background. The African ethnicities are likely just African-American from his father’s side.

• Oaken05 says:

Madman, I’m in complete agreement. While I can’t say for certain this is what he did, I’d be shocked if he were much of anything more than about half black and half white. I really do think he’s what we’d called “mixed” or bi-racial here in the States.

It’s really annoying when people do this, because he’s obviously doing this to make himself seem exotic. In the case that he has any “Polynesian” heritage at all, it’s likely it comes through his African American heritage and “Polynesian” in that case in these DNA tests is almost always distant Malagasy descent through to some eccentricities in the slave trade.

Look, if it can be verified he has these backgrounds, more power to him. But I think he’s really bullsh%tting to make himself seem more exotic than he is. He honestly looks like your typical mixed kid to me, especially without the bleached hair.

• Jacklyn 224 says:

He definitely looks like the typical light brown BW male but we just don’t know.I’ve seen many other mixes than can pass as Brown skinned BWs.So for now let’s just say his a multiracial black boy.

• callmecharlie says:

@madman Yes but that doesn’t answer my question. In almost every other case where only two or so ancestors are known, you’ll just say black and white and say that everything else is hearsay. Why is he any different? There is little to no evidence to back up many of his ethnic claims (just like in the case of many of the people on here) yet it’s accepted while others in the same situation aren’t. I just don’t understand why.

• madman says:

For me, it depends on if we know something concrete about there ancestry or not, like that they have a black father and a white mother. If we do, I tend to not list anything that seems implausible or that is unclear beyond what is certain.

When it comes to Jordan, we don’t know anything about his father at all. He could be half African-American, half Cambodian for all we know. But yes, I think he was just African-American and that the rest is wrong.

4. madman says:

What did he say after Tahitian?