Kristin Kreuk

Place of Birth: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Date of Birth: December 30, 1982

Ethnicity:
*father – Dutch
*maternal grandfather – Chinese-Indonesian
*maternal grandmother – Jamaican [Chinese, African, Scottish]

Kristin Kreuk is a Canadian actress. She starred as Lana Lang on the television series Smallville.

Her father, Peter Kreuk, is from St. Catharines, Ontario, and is of Dutch ancestry.

Her mother, Deanna Che, was born in Indonesia, to a Chinese-Indonesian father and a Jamaican mother of Chinese, Scottish, and African descent. A picture of Kristin’s maternal grandmother’s family can be seen here.

Kristin has said:

My grandmother was born in Jamaica of mixed descent. Her grandfather had come from China to work the Panama Canal. Her grandmother a woman of mixed heritage, was the daughter of a Scottish estate owner and an African slave. At least this is what I have been able to grasp from the data that is available… This… is not intended as a dissertation on my family history or the history of Jamaica itself, but more as a statement about how this quest has lead me to an unexpectedly immense feeling of connectedness.

Kreuk in 2012, image via kathclick/Bigstock.com

Source: http://www.celebrity-link.com

1. izzybizzy says:

Wait she’s black Jamaican and white too? I thought she was just East Asian with coloured eyes.

• Lee says:

The idea of being “racially pure” is clearly a myth, “race” was invented by racism.. Even the Irish weren’t considered as “white” back then, imagine that! It’s nonsense nobody’s f**king BLACK or WHITE, there is currently one biological race in our species Homo Sapiens, that’s it.

• passingtime85 says:

We’re just all collections of quarks, no different from a star, or planet, or black hole. Distinction is meaningless and not useful. The site should be shut down, it promotes distinction, and distinction is bad.

2. madman says:

Her father is Canadian, and was born in St. Catharines, Ontario, of Dutch descent.

Her mother was born in Indonesia. Her maternal grandfather is Chinese-Indonesian, and her maternal grandmother is Chinese-Jamaican.

Her Jamaican great-grandparents:

3. cooksad says:

I don’t know what Greyface is talking about, I knew she was part Asian the first time I saw her on Smallville because I’m into Asian women. The only time I was off was with Chloe Bennett I some how missed it.

4. ann129 says:

Correction.

Source: http://newculturerevolution.tumblr.com/post/68359607455/ncr-root-canal-who-am-i-theoretically-the

5. Greyface says:

wow, she doesn’t look Asian at all, I never would’ve guessed!

• Wolfman says:

You must be joking? I have relatives who are more Caucasian looking than her who have Irano Nordic, NordIndid features, over six feet with chestnut blond hair and blue green eyes. Plus, Kristin has even played a Punjabi Pathan in a film called Partition because the Turkic Huns, Greeks, Mongols, Afghans and Iranian Scythians mixed with us in Punjab.

• Greyface says:

I would bet 500 dollars American! she is 100% white! I could use her picture for aryan propaganda!

I bet I myself am MORE chinese than her! and I have been known to resemble a youthful tom cruise!!!

• Wolfman says:

Are you OK? Why is your grammar, English and punctuation is terrible? Plus, Kristin could never pass as a full blooded Caucasian because her East Asian is visible.

• Greyface says:

are you CIA? why are you so adamant about pretending that this dutch girl is china?? if 100 people guessed her race they would ALL say white!! ALL OF THEM!!

• truegattaca says:

I am pretty sure you are trolling but she looks mixed to many people. I actually knew she had Asian in her because of her features. I knew this even when I watched her in Smallville. I was a kid and picked up on it.

• Lee says:

The European gene pool shows the contributions of the two groups that have preceded it, Africans and Asians combined. Mesolithic Hunter-Gatherer, Early Neolithic Farmer and Ancient North Eurasian = Europeans, all waves of pre history people are present in modern Europeans to varying percentages. Hair and eye colors vary a lot more in Europe, brown is the most common. Selective breeding and sexual preferences, when travel was slower, or liberty weaker, groups of people could be formed with a huge importance given to phenotype.

• Lee says:

My results show 60% Neolithic Farmer, 32% Mesolithic Hunter-Gatherer and 8% Ancient North Eurasian, small percentage but still present in all Europeans

• truegattaca says:

@Lee The European pool came from Middle Eastern people and European hunter gatherers mixing. I don’t know what you mean by “Asian” but Europeans do not have mixture with Southeast and Eastern Asians. Neolithic farmers are the people that came from the Middle East. North Eurasian is not found in all Europeans. It’s mainly found in Finnish people and we don’t know the origin of these people. They are a mystery.

• alberto.r7 says:

You must be blind, Kristin looks at least 1/3 asian, there is no doubt at all.

• Lee says:

ANE has been found in nearly every European, but never more than 20%, not quite a mystery

• Lee says:

Ancient Siberians who later became the ancestors of Modern Native Americans carried MTDNA U which is not found in East Asia or Mongolia but originated in the Middle East, also carried YDNA R (South Asia), 40% Europeans carry haplogroup H (Southwest Asia). Although haplogroup I is described as the “original European” lineage, it seperated from J 43,000 years ago. There’s no “European” haplogroup or DNA, that’s make believe history

• truegattaca says:

ANE is not found in all Europeans. Most Europeans do not have ANE. It’s only found in Finnish people and some of the countries around Finland, such as Estonia and around Russia. The origin of these people is a mystery. Western Asia or Southwest Asia is the Middle East. Most Europeans have ancestors that from here due to the Neolithic Revolution.

Mutations over thousands of years have created different people. The people of Europe have changed their DNA.