Mia Wasikowska

Wasikowska in 2010, photo by Prphotos.com

Birth Place: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Date of Birth: 25 October 1989

Ethnicity:
*English (father)
*Polish (mother)

Mia Wasikowska is an Australian actress and director. She is known for starring in the films TimBurton’s Alice in Wonderland (2010) and Crimson Peak (2015), and for her role on the HBO television series In Treatment.

Mia was born in Canberra. Her father, John Reid, who is Australian, has English ancestry, and is a photographer and collagist. Her mother, Marzena Wasikowska, a photographer, was born in Poland, and moved to Australia when she was eleven. Mia was raised under mother’s surname. She spent some time in Szczecin, Poland, during her childhood.

When asked about whether she can speak Polish, she stated:

Not very well. I can probably understand more than I could say, a few years ago I could say more Polish words.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk

1. abnormal says:

thats cool!!!

2. ethnic says:

Hey Zuzanna could you give a link to the interview?

• zuzanna says:

that’s that interview!

Tell me something about your Polish roots
      Mia:My mother was born in Poland.
      She’s a photographer right?
      M:Yes she is, She moved to Australia with my grandmother when she was a teenager. I was living in Szczecin (polish city near sea) for a year when i was 8 years old.
      Can you speak Polish?
      M:Not very well. I can probably understand more than i could say, few years ago i could say more Polish words.

hmm that’s not 100% the same but if u can’t understand everything because there is a Polish lector too.

ps. Anne Hathaway is soo cute and kinda in this interview, she told that girl she like her dress ;))

3. zuzanna says:

yes i have interview with her about that but in Polish.
    she can speak but a little, most of Polish she only understand

4. blurblar says:

^ really? so she must speak some Polish!

5. zuzanna says:

she was living in poland in Sczecin :))