Feedback

Hi all,

Please leave some suggestions below on how this site could be improved. Any ideas/criticisms are welcome.

1. comrade says:

What do you do when a celebrity says they’re of a certain ethnicity but they’re technically not?

I was interested in researching Sasha Lane’s profile because it states that she’s African-American and Māori (which is an unusual combination) however I’ve researched her family tree and can’t find any Māori. Then why would she say she’s Māori?

Like in these articles, she says her mum is part Māori:
    *https://www.nowtolove.co.nz/celebrity/celeb-news/hollywoods-maori-princess-31867
    *https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-ca/magazine/money-diary-sasha-lane

Bablah and I have come to the conclusion that John Stanley D’Arcy Tuck is definitely Sasha’s grandfather and his wife Denise Lesley Morris is her grandmother but there’s no Māori in either of their sides.

• Oaken05 says:

Sometimes, people are just lying for whatever reason; sometimes, it’s a false part of family lore that just keeps getting passed down. I don’t find it particularly unusual. For instance, there are a large amount of Americans who are told they have a distant indigenuous ancestor, and later find out that it’s not the case. I’ve heard of the same thing happening in Australia. Sometimes, it’s just feel more a connection with where you were born, or to make a family feel “exotic.”

2. jackson9 says:

Ethnic, if you’re going to block Jacklyn you should probably look into the last submission about Taylor Swift by “Christian Persecution Will Come To America Too”

3. madman says:

It’s great that we get new commenters here. But I think making the same reply to every single comment you object to should be counted as spam (as has happened on Rita Ora’s page).

• Oaken05 says:

This. This is literally the definition of spam. I’m also tird of people with agendas or axes to grind doing this, replying to year’s old replies of long-gone/banned members as if they were replying to a recent comment. This is making the site less enjoyable and taking it away from its purpose.

• follers says:

Who came up with all these rules? Using offensive language is one thing, but there’s a new rule that you can’t reply to old comments? Then should old comments be deleted? What purpose would they serve, other than as bait?

Interestingly, I would hope most people commenting have no idea which users are “long-gone” or “banned” since most people haven’t been here for five or six years.

• Oaken05 says:

Funny how you skip over the issue of literal spamming.

• madman says:

I don’t have a problem neither offensive language nor replying to old comments. But writing “gypsy is an ethnic slur” on almost literally every comment that mentions the word adds nothing to the discussion, and, more importantly, it clogs the comment section, making people potentially miss comments they might be interested in responding to. Since so many comments are edited now, I see no problem in deleting all but one of them when it happens.

• Oaken05 says:

Exactly.

• ethnic says:

Jacklyn has been deleted due to too many irrelevant comments.

• passingtime85 says:

Jacklyn’s comments were irksome as they detracted from the ability to keep track of profiles with comments that had pertinent information, rather than just opinions and musings… Still though, I feel bad they were so bothersome Jacklyn was banned. I imagine Jacklyn was probably just a lonely person that needed to hold on to the notion someone somewhere where was reading her thoughts. This site isn’t here for therapy of random users, but I still feel bad. I didn’t think of Jacklyn as a troll, at the same level as Neil… With a little restraint, etiquette, and decorum Jacklyn could still have an active account, sad.

• madman says:

I miss neiltennant. If you subtract the occasional antisemitism, his comments were really funny. Jacklyn was a bad replacement in terms of the site troll. Now we have to wait until someone better comes along…

• andrew says: