Ciara Renée

Ciara Renée – The CW Network’s 2015 Upfront – Arrivals – Photo Credit: PRN / PRPhotos.com

Birth Name: Ciara Renée Harper

Place of Birth: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, U.S

Date of Birth: October 19, 1990

Ethnicity: African-American, English, Indian, Native American

Ciara Renée is an American actress, singer, and musician. She and her older brother were raised by their single mother, Tanya Vanhove, who is Hispanic.

Ciara has said:

Ciara’s paternal grandmother is Shirley Ann Harper (the daughter of Rufus Harper and Viola Mae Boyd). Shirley was born in Kentucky, and is white, with English ancestry. Rufus was the son of Samuel Harper and Ida Trent. Viola was the daughter of William Henry Boyd and Sarah Elizabeth Humphrey.

Ciara’s maternal grandfather was named George C. Vanhove.

1. bablah says:

Ciara’s paternal grandmother is Shirley Ann Harper (the daughter of Rufus Harper and Viola Mae Boyd). Shirley was born in Kentucky.

Since Shirley is White, I assume her paternal grandfather is African-American.

I think her maternal grandfather’s middle name is Camille.

2. bablah says:

She’s somehow related to this man on her father’s side:

I don’t know whether he’s her bio grandfather or step-grandfather.

3. fuzzybear44 says:

Quote(I always tell people, I’m black, white, Indian and Indian, because I’m Native American and Indian.)

funny, that’s not what she said before. That’s why people often were upset with her, because she would play down the black part

• Multiethnicchick says:

She obviously not black and it’s a small part of her ancestry. Why don’t people get upset when mixed people play down their asian or white ancestry. Quincy Jones is 1/3 white and people ignore his white ancestry

• fuzzybear44 says:

Wait, didn’t you say you weren’t going to response to what I had to say anymore, yet here you are

Anyhow, i seriously doubt it’s a small part of her ancestry, being that it was the first thing i notice. Also I’ve never really seen any mixed person play down their Euro ancestry. I have seen and heard some mixed people say that they’re black, but they have never denied that they are also part white. Maybe that’s why people don’t get upset

Quote(Quincy Jones is 1/3 white and people ignore his white ancestry)

Who are these people you’re referring to? I mean up until a few yrs ago, Quincy Jones didn’t even know how much Euro ancestry he even had. So maybe it just doesn’t come up in everyday conversation. He still the same man he was before he took the test, Every African American I know, has Euro ancestry. however it’s just not something that we always talk about. I only got interested in it, because I was learning a little bit about my own family. Here, everyone is used to seeing AA’s with different (facial features, color, hair texture,) so it’s no big deal. Besides, they way many AA’s believe they got that Euro infusion, doesn’t make them want to jump for joy about it

4. madman says:

She is the daughter of Tanya R. Vanhove.

Her maternal grandfather was George C. Vanhove.