Shemar Moore

Birth Name: Shemar Franklin Moore

Place of Birth: Oakland, Alameda, California, United States

Date of Birth: April 20, 1970

Ethnicity:
*African-American (father)
*French-Canadian, Irish (mother)

Shemar Moore is an American actor and model. He is known for his role as Malcolm Winters on the soap opera The Young and the Restless. His father is African-American. His mother, who is white, has Irish and French-Canadian ancestry.

As a child, he grew up in the Netherlands, until the age of five, and he speaks Dutch. He spent most of his youth in Northern California.

Helga Esteb / Shutterstock.com

{ 47 comments… read them below or add one }

Mixed Kidd March 15, 2018 at 12:12 pm

He is almost the same mix as me

xoxo July 30, 2015 at 9:39 pm

I’m not racist but not usually attracted to Black/mixed men, but he is gorgeous. He looks almost Greek.

cwm85 August 1, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Why aren’t you usually attracted to men who have some African descent? I always find it odd for people to automatically disqualify someone based of color or ethnicity. Take it from me who has dated black, white, Asian, mestizo. Its something to like about them all.

perez-richart August 1, 2015 at 7:17 pm

im a white men and i love black girls in colombia,brazil,jamaica is very common to se black girls with white guys.many white girls love black men too.

Devotion October 26, 2015 at 5:38 pm

I personally do find black/white mixed men attractive. Like this man for instance (and Obama – yep I said it).

Though I’m not attracted to black/Asian (blasian) men. They’re one of the least attractive types for me. Even the women aren’t that pretty.

It isn’t racism, just preference. You can might as well criticize gays for not finding the opposite sex attractive…

slowdive December 11, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Greek? Are you joking? He looks Ethiopian to me.

neiltennant July 9, 2017 at 12:20 pm

haha you idiot

please people stop those users here who claim that obviously AFRICAN AMERICAN PEOPLE look european for them

tttyyy July 26, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Correction he isn’t just French he is French Canadian

Bow Down Bitches July 25, 2015 at 7:36 pm

excuse my french, but he is fine as fuck.

cwm85 July 25, 2015 at 7:12 pm

I’m about his complexion and mixed too. His facial structure is very European. Hos hair well when he had hair also was curly/straight not typical African hair like wool. Some biracial, black and white are darker than next, especially pending how African the one parent is. My mother is dark skinned. Like literally black. Therefore I am not a bright yellow shade or butter complexion. I have a profile pic on my ethnicity. My dad who is part white and Navajo is olive like complexion because of his native mix.

fuzzybear44 July 25, 2015 at 8:25 pm

@cvm

From you comment, I ‘m getting the idea that you haven’t been around very many mixedbloods.

cwm85 July 26, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Actually my whole immediate family is mixed besides my Mom. As I just said in my previous comment. My first cousin is. His kids are. My other cousins are mixed. Now some of my relatives are just black and white mix and some are black, white and native like myself and my brothers and fist cousin. We keep in a variety of shades and textures. My first cousin mom is white and he looks Italian. My mother is very dark like west African dark and my brother’s and I are a little darker than what people precieve what a mix person looks like. I’m a little lighter in skin tone than Shemar moore. I’ve been around black and white mixes my whole life. I am mixed lol. Weird comment fuzzybear.

fuzzybear44 July 26, 2015 at 11:39 pm

@cwm85

As weird as my comment maybe to you, you comments are as equally weird to me. As I thought, you are a first generation. Also no offense, but being around your immediate family, is not what I would consider a vast exposure to other mulattoes and mixed-bloods. See with comments like:

Quotes:

My mother is very dark like west African dark and my brother’s and I are a little darker than what people perceived what a mix person looks like

Quote from Reece Ritchie page:
Also if his father was full black African, he wouldn’t have hair like that, and he would be darker

These are all comments that people who haven’t been exposed to a lot of mixed-bloods make. There used to be a baby section on this site. There was one baby that caused a lot of talk(named Sidney).Because she looked the way she did(whitish), people on here assumed that her mother was half white with a high yellow complexion (Wrong).She was like your mother, maybe even darker. It’s a crap shoot about what you’re going look like(nothing is fixed). I’ve seen it to many times. even if one of the parents is full black African. I gave a few examples of this on the Reece Ritchie page

Well anyhow I’m going to lets this go, have birthday gifts to think about buying. Also for the record, I’m from a Creole background. Both my Parents are Creole( one grandfather white, both grandmothers half white/creole or just Creole, and a Afro-Latino Grandfather).So I’m not just shooting in the dark here. Friends , family even parades , been around it all.

cwm85 July 27, 2015 at 12:07 am

What “do you look like fuzzybear? Also I was just trying to explain the different complexions from people with a black/white ethnic background. That we come on many shades. I see a lot of people disputing people like Halle Berry, Shemar Moore being mixed because they are so “Light” I’m light brown but am not Derek jeter complexion. My father once again is English, Scottish and navajo. My mother is black. And my 2 brother’s came out with different complexions. That’s the point I was trying to make. Sorry for your confusion. Some of my family members have a white father and some fathers who have a mixture of black, white and native in our family. So I was trying to explain some differences that I’ve seen in my family that one size doesn’t fit all of your multiracial with a black parent.

M May 30, 2015 at 6:29 pm

His mother looks like she has some black ancestry. Here’s a picture of her and Shemar—— http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac272/middlepassage/race_to_erase_14_wenn2408304.jpg

Capricious April 4, 2015 at 6:27 am

Sexy guy. Yum….

neiltennant July 9, 2017 at 12:21 pm

chocolate penis yes

longhaired thick lightskinned gyal December 3, 2014 at 5:40 pm

He is fine but too he’s gay. He hasn’t officially announced it but everyone suspects he’s zesty. He does look a lil suspect

neiltennant July 9, 2017 at 12:21 pm

+1 his eyes say GIVE ME YOUR DICK

AnonymousPerson January 8, 2014 at 8:25 pm

He’s sexy as hell. Most mixed men are.

me November 4, 2012 at 4:24 pm

like Obama he looks more black, he is handsome

o'connor January 8, 2014 at 4:41 pm

no, he actually looks exactly like what you’d expect a mulatto to look like (however shemars facial features lean more to the european side of his family which is evident to everyone), so does obama and bob marley. Put them in a line up with actual black african people and they stand out like a sore thumb. People like rashida jones, blake griffin, chris humphries and derek jetter are not the typical mulatto people, since they are all more like 65% white 35% black.

WTF June 20, 2014 at 5:34 am

NIGGA PLEASE! YOU ARE STUPID AF! THIS MAN DOES NOT LOOK JUST BLACK. HIS ASS LOOKS HELLA MIXED. STOP CLAIMING US MIXED PEOPLE AS JUST BLACK. WE ARE MIXED, DUMBASS MOTHERF…..

Check7t August 17, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Obama doesn’t look fully African black and this guy looks clearly mixed:

me April 19, 2012 at 10:59 am

on wikipedia says that he is part Hispanic,wikipedia is not a reliable source but this is probably fact, I see Native American on him, other sources:

sadie April 2, 2012 at 5:35 am

He indeed is gorgeous and what a wonderful combination of ethnicities.

Michele March 30, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Does he have King’s Daughters ancestry?I do.

Roger Is My Lover March 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm

He is a gorgeous man.

Yasmine February 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Omg! Same ethnicity as me :)

Yasmine February 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm

But my skin is lighter ??

Maddyson January 3, 2012 at 9:49 am

ohh !! Just sexyyyy, french hum like me :D Il est il est trop beau !

judy October 4, 2011 at 2:00 pm

if his mother was born in The Netherlands, that is Holland, and she is Dutch.

Liam O'Connel February 6, 2012 at 10:24 pm

no she wasn’t, this site is about a persons ANCESTRY, not the country they were born in…and shemar is of Irish and French ANCESTRY on his mothers side, not dutch

Tyrone March 26, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Not Dutch You Fool. He grew up there.

Joost August 17, 2011 at 12:40 pm

So he speaks dutch? i do too.
Je ziet er super uit hoor Shemar. Even kijken of dit begrepen wordt LOL

jackie May 8, 2011 at 10:08 pm

but his imdb page says (or at least used to, haven’t checked in a long time) that his mother WAS dutch, not that she lived in holland.. but idk..

Willie March 9, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Who cares what he is? He is one GORGEOUS hunk of MAN!!!!!! And a hell of an actor! Great in Crimal minds, but took my breath away in Y & R!!!. MISS him on Y & R. Wish he AND Drew would BOTH come back!

trish November 4, 2010 at 1:04 pm

he is just sexy no matter what race he is and thats the friggin truth lolz

total23 September 25, 2010 at 9:58 pm

There Are Sites That Say That His Mother Was Dutch!

ethnic September 26, 2010 at 10:57 am

from what I read, his family moved to and lived in Holland for a few years but his mother isnt Dutch.

total23 September 26, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Yeah But He Can Speak The Dutch Language Because That Is Where He Used To Live In His First Five Years Of His Life!

donna pavia July 16, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Well I dont care what he is. He’s just freakinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng beutifulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

sherron teal January 18, 2010 at 3:20 pm

there is no mention of him being Mexican or Indian, he is black and Irish French-Canadian and that is all!

Cole July 16, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Mexican isn’t even a race to begin with, the majority of Mexicans are part European(white) and part Indigenous.

Beyonce August 22, 2009 at 10:34 am

actually he is blaxicindian. :) aka, black, mexican, and indian all put together.

ethnic August 22, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Hey Be, most sites say he is half White and Half Black.

Tyrone March 26, 2012 at 6:57 pm

You and Your made up Blaxicindian are not welcomed here so you can go wait outside

Previous post: