Shannen Doherty

by ethnic on December 26, 2007

Birth Name: Shannen Maria Doherty

Place of Birth: Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.

Date of Birth: April 12, 1971

Ethnicity: Irish, English, Scottish, Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), remote French

Shannen Doherty is an American actress, producer, author, and director. She starred in the television series Beverly Hills, 90210 and Charmed. Shannen is married to photographer Kurt Iswarienko.

Shannen’s paternal grandfather was named John Thomas Doherty.

Shannen’s maternal grandfather was Lloyd Buford Wright (the son of Benjamin Richard Wright and Bertie Murphey). Benjamin was the son of James Wilson Wright and Sallie Beth Montgomery. Betie was the daughter of Ferdinand Eugene Murphey and Margaret “Maggie” Ann Pippen.

Shannen’s maternal grandmother was Hilda Mae Parker (the daughter of Jesse P. Parker and Rosa Mae Powell).

Sources: Genealogies of Shannen Doherty – http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com

Genealogy of Shannen Doherty (focusing on her father’s side) – https://www.geni.com

Genealogy of Shannen Doherty (focusing on her mother’s side) – http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com

Helga Esteb / Shutterstock.com

{ 36 comments… read them below or add one }

luckystar June 19, 2017 at 6:30 am

She looks British-Irish in the movie “Heathers”. Now she is Plasticoid.

neiltennant August 14, 2016 at 12:24 pm

i have met her 2001 on a german talkshow
that talkshow was so lame

but then there was a child in my age at that time who had a wish

the talk host suprised him with a big shannen doherty picture made of paper

and the boy cried and was happy

and than after a couple of seconds SHANNEN DOHERTY came from behind the picture and met the boy

she was so natural and that was one of the highlights on that show

She was shy and beautiful and talked about beeing allergic on CHOCOLATE and WOOL

neiltennant June 23, 2016 at 8:40 am

me and most of my friends always had thought that she might be half asian

for example half thai or chinese

but her blue eyes gave me a hint that she might be RUSSIAN or UKRAINIAN
most russians have those asian-like blue eyes

YEAHHHH shannon doherty a conservative republican has criticized TRUMP

TRUMP= says nothing. The bully on the playground

fuzzybear44 June 24, 2016 at 2:22 am

She may have criticized him, but I bet she would still vote for him

neiltennant June 24, 2016 at 2:50 pm

i don’t think so

she is a smart and clever woman…. I know she is a conservababe but she won’t vote for him

by the way can somebody change that awful picture?

She looks like her own caricature on that picture

The Beautiful Ones December 17, 2013 at 11:59 am

WHAT…THE…HELL!

JasonBaker December 1, 2013 at 1:49 pm

It almost seems like that picture was put on purpose by a hater. She used to be SO beautiful when she did Beverly Hills and Charmed. And she just looks European to me, black hair is also European. Both her hair and her eyes are very, very beautiful. I´m a gay person but Shannen Doherty is one of the few women I´d sleep with.

neiltennant June 24, 2016 at 2:50 pm
3WAS July 18, 2013 at 3:18 am

she looks Chinese as usual

andrew July 18, 2013 at 6:36 am

dont smoke weed pls

Kimmel May 21, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I always thought the same thing.

neiltennant October 18, 2017 at 1:43 pm

me too

she looks half asian

David September 8, 2012 at 2:09 pm

IIRC
Several Years Back In An Interview
She Said That She Had Some Thai In her Family Tree

But I’m Not Sure

neiltennant October 21, 2017 at 11:07 pm

thats totally inaccurate

but on the other hand there is of course a connection between fried spring onions, shrimp in curry sauce and aggressive personality

neiltennant August 16, 2012 at 3:39 pm

courtney cox arquette is also of irish descent and she also has natural black hair and green/blue eyes

Alice October 16, 2012 at 7:09 am

Sorry to disagree with you follers but Cox is also an Irish name. The name Cox in Ireland is derived from the Gaelic Mac an Choiligh (son of the cock).
Also a lot of Irish do and did change religions. I was reading the true crime story Bitter Blood and the Lynch family from North Carolina were Episcopalian. I’m sure there are many families in the South with Irish names that aren’t Catholic. Cox is quite a common name in Ireland. Alot of Irish names have be Anglicised from Gaelic.

follers October 16, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I know there are Irish “Cox”es out there.

But, Courteney Cox’s Irish ancestry comes from her paternal great-grandpa, Joseph Washington Lewis, who was born in Pittsburgh, to Joseph Washington Lewis and Esther M. Hackett, immigrants from Dublin. Her paternal great-grandmother, Margaret Naulty, also had some Irish roots, but was more mixed.

Courteney’s “Cox” line, however, evidently goes back to a Thomas Cocke, who was born in Cornwall, England, in 1616.

Alice October 17, 2012 at 3:06 am

Wow. I’m impressed follers. You are doing an amazing job on this site. You really know your stuff.

ethnic October 17, 2012 at 3:20 am

I agree, follers is quite an Internet genealogist. Its even hard sometimes to keep up with the corrections and posts. Let alone finding the photos. Keep up the good work.

Alice October 17, 2012 at 3:08 am

Thanks follers. Fascinating stuff. Much appreciated.

jolie April 8, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I swore she had a native American or Asian background

Stella April 3, 2012 at 1:54 pm

uhm…her parents are Irish…so I think Irish blood got a lot into her looks…green eyes n her hair is brown dark, almost black

sumamí March 24, 2012 at 10:26 am

This website is not always correct. I’m just saying. She definitely looks like she has more than just Irish in her.

Christian March 23, 2012 at 11:00 am

hmm very strange i was in britain and ireland and there were not people who look like her

she has a strong eurasian look

she looks very eastern european and a little bit russian

she has similarity with my sister, who is of northern afghan descent, and those people are white, have black (dark brown ) hair and brown eyes or sometimes light eyes,

in ukraine or russia you find lot of people who look the same

Bobatu March 23, 2012 at 11:05 am

Hahahahahaha. You are deluded!

ana February 5, 2012 at 3:09 pm

She seems like romanian girls. For who doesnt know, romanian are latin too, and they have names like latin ppl too, (spanic, portuguese(brazilian), italian… But romanian girls dont see like central america or even italian or spanish girls.

neiltennant October 21, 2017 at 11:48 pm

romanian people don’t have latin blood

they have maybe some italian

total23 May 26, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Charmed!

Kate May 26, 2011 at 6:55 am

Apparently she has anger management issues…. an Irish girl for sure!
:D

goldieinlove October 13, 2010 at 2:25 pm

So true I am fair skinned hazel eyes and curly strawberry blonde and I am Hispanic!

Lydia March 22, 2009 at 10:58 pm

I think you should look up her heritage on her mother’s side because her middle name is Maria and her mother’s name is Rosa. This suggests that she probbly has a Hispanic heritage as well.

Junior July 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Yeh besides she doesn´t look Irish, she looks like she have some Hispanic or native in her.

Lexii July 15, 2010 at 6:58 am

Stereotyping again I see. This kind of thing is sickening.

Paul. July 15, 2010 at 9:42 am

How does someone look Irish? We’re all so diverse, you know. As is every country in the world.

Take Ireland for example, we can be tall, small, slim, heavy, brown eyed, gray eyed, green eyed, blue eyed (most common) Have hair colours ranging from platinum blonde to fiery red to midnight black. We can be chalky white or olive skinned or tanned.

Grr. :P
Hispanic people aren’t all tanned and dark haired, either. I know a guy with Hispanic roots and he has red hair and gray eyes.

Selene-The-Immortal May 21, 2011 at 2:31 am

Not really. I think she looks like what she says she is.

Habe February 19, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I don’t think so. She difently looks Irish to me.

Previous post: