Ronaldo

Ronaldo Shows His New Jersey for AC Milan

Birth Name: Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima

Place of Birth: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Date of Birth: 18 September, 1976

Ethnicity: Brazilian (African, Portuguese)

Ronaldo is a Brazilian professional footballer, who played as a striker. He is the son of Sônia dos Santos Barata and Nélio Nazário de Lima.

Regarding racism in football, he has said, “I think that all blacks suffer (with racism). I, that am white, suffer because of so much ignorance.” In response to this, his father, Nélio Nazário de Lima, Sr., a dark-skinned Afro-Brazilian, stated, “He knows quite well that he is black… In truth, at the time I thought it was some type of philosophy, something in this sense… because he knows that he is black.” A picture of Ronaldo’s mother can be found here.

Ronald has two children with his wife, Maria Beatriz Antony, as well as a son with his former wife, footballer Milene Domingues, and a son with Michele Umezu.

Photo by Prphotos.com

1. maurogomes3193 says:

hes mixed not black the same is bob marley,lenny kravitz,halle barry and others are mixed people not black people.

• fuzzybear44 says:

@maurogomes3193

Ok who exactly qualifies as a black person now a days, because I need to know. I mean what’s the cut off percentage?

• andrew says:

non North-American people (like me) use to consider “black” people the ones with fully West African ancestry, I mean a lot of African-Americans look to me more like mulattoes and very different from Sub-Sarahan African immigrants you see everyday in Europe or elsewhere.

• andrew says:

I mean black is just a skin colour and not a social construct

• fuzzybear44 says:

@Andrew

Okay I do understand what you’re saying, however one thing does puzzles me. That is why are you guys just hooked on West Africans(being the black ones)? I mean the Blackest people I’ve ever seen were East Africans, Dinka people for example .

2. Girll says:

I don’t understand what he intended to convey with that quote.

3. GLXY says:

I think he’s a pardo (African, Ameridian and Portuguese) which means tri-racial in Portuguese.

4. WTF says:

he doesn’t look just black. he looks mixed.

5. Check7t says:

He’s probably around 35% black.