Kamala Harris

Birth Name: Kamala Devi Harris

Place of Birth: Oakland, Alameda, California, United States

Date of Birth: October 20, 1964

Ethnicity:
*father – Jamaican [African, possibly small amount of Northern Irish]
*mother – Tamil Indian

Kamala Harris is an American attorney and politician. A Democrat, she has served a U.S. Senator from California, since January 3, 2017. She was previously District Attorney of San Francisco, from January 8, 2004 to January 3, 2011, and Attorney General of California, from January 3, 2011 to January 3, 2017.

She is a candidate for the Democratic Party’s nomination for President of the United States in 2020.

Kamala is the daughter of Shyamala (Gopalan), a cancer researcher, breast cancer specialist, and civil rights activist, and Donald J. Harris, an economics professor at Stanford University. Her father is Jamaican, of African-Jamaican descent. Her mother is an emigrant from Chennai, India, of Tamil Indian descent. A video of Kamala’s father can be seen here. After her parents’ divorce, she spent many of her teenage years with her mother and sister in Montréal, Québec, Canada, where her mother worked. Kamala was raised attending both a black Baptist church and a Hindu temple.

Her name Kamala comes from the Sanskrit word for the lotus flower.

Kamala is married to attorney Douglas Emhoff. Douglas is Jewish.

Kamala’s sister is Maya Harris, a lawyer and public policy advocate. Maya is married to Tony West, who served as U.S. Associate Attorney General.

Kamala is the second person of Indian ancestry to mount a major campaign for a party’s nomination for President of the United States. Bobby Jindal was the first (he ran for the 2016 Republican nomination for President).

Kamala is one of three people who were at least partly raised in the Hindu faith to run a major presidential campaign. Bobby Jindal, in 2016, and Tulsi Gabbard, who is also running for the Democratic Party’s 2020 nomination, are the others. Of the three, only Tulsi is a practicing Hindu.

Kamala is one of several Asian-Americans to mount a notable campaign for a major American political party’s nomination for President of the United States. The others were:
*Hiram Fong (who sought the 1964 and 1968 Republican nominations; Fong was of Chinese descent)
*Patsy Mink (who sought the 1972 Democratic nomination; Mink was of Japanese descent)
*Bobby Jindal (who sought the 2016 Republican nomination; Jindal is of Indian descent)
*Andrew Yang (who is seeking the 2020 Democratic nomination; Yang’s parents are Taiwanese)

Kamala’s paternal grandfather was Oscar Harris (the son of Joseph Alexander Harris and Christiana “Christy” Brown). Joseph was a land owner and agriculture exporter. Christiana was said to be a descendant of Hamilton Brown, a plantation and slave owner, who founded the city Brown’s Town. Hamilton was born in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.

Kamala’s paternal grandmother was named Beryl (the daughter of Iris Finegan).

Kamala’s maternal grandfather was named P. V. Gopalan (the son of Venkataraman Iyer). P. V. was a diplomat for India.

Kamala’s maternal grandmother was named Rajam.

Sources: http://racerelations.about.com

Family background of Kamala’s father – https://www.jamaicaglobalonline.com

Genealogy of Kamala Harris – https://www.geni.com

Obituary of Kamala’s mother – http://www.legacy.com

1. Hill says:

I’m half black and half northern European and she’s lighter than me. She looks half white.

• fuzzybear44 says:

Well you know there is no fixed range for mixed bloods

• andrew says:

@ Hill

Because her father has a lot European admixture.

• fuzzybear44 says:

@Andrew

Based on that you assumed he has a lot Euro admixture. Look, I’m not saying you’re, because I don’t know how mixed he is. However when it comes down to MGMs, you could get all the traits from you different bloodlines, and still be majority African, I’ve seen other peoples Dna results, so you can’t base it on his outside appearance.

To me Kamala most likely takes after her mothers side more. As you can see from this image, she’s actually lighter than both her parents, yet her sister is darker:

I think like a lot of black people over here, they fluctuate in color over the years.

• midori29 says:

@Andrew Her father DOES NOT have Alot of European admixture. And there are 100 percent black Africans lighter than her. Posting stats about her white great grandfather sounds crazy, that’s a very very long time ago. Kamalas dad has no more white admixture than the average African Carribean.

• Multiethnicchick says:

Skin color has nothing to do with with admixture. Besides we don’t know how black her “black” father is. If people are calling Halle Berry black, then she could easily just be a quarter black.

• midori29 says:

@multiethnic chick Check your reading comprehension the site says her dad is a Black Carribean and her mom is South Indian which they tend to have ALSO negrito and melanesian negrito African DNA too. So Kamala is ALOT more than a quarter black

• andrew says:

Melanesians do not have “African DNA”, for what it’s worth they are genetically very different to Black Africans, even thought Fijans might superficially resemble them.

• midori29 says:

@Andrew many sources state Melanesians migrated from Africa as everyone else and are anchient Africans. Taken from another source The people of Melanesia have a distinctive ancestry. Along with the aboriginal inhabitants of Australia, they are believed to derive from the Proto-Australoids who emigrated from AFRICA between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago and dispersed along the southern edge of Asia, giving rise to Australoid populations in various places, including South India, Sri Lanka, the Andaman Islands, the Philippines, and others.

• midori29 says:

Many if not most Fijians identify with Africa.

• andrew says:

“Many if not most Fijians identify with Africa”

LOL you really killed me. You are a wannabe Black African, a quadriracial person with reddish hair (your statement). Deal with that.

2. fuzzybear44 says:

@Andrew

(The main reason why you support that crazy girl is because you want to screw her.)

If that’s what you need to believe

Quote( A Sri Lankan family runs that business, so I am familiar to that kind of people.)

Once again, you met two or three people from an ethnic group of millions, and made up your mind that’s what they all look like. You’re the very same type of European from the 1800’s that said all black look alike

Quote( To compare any brown people to “black” Americans is silly and stupid.)

First I didn’t just compare any brown people, that’s your type of thing . Next,Were you with me when I knew the girl in question? NO you weren’t. So you can’t tell me what she didn’t look like. I get it, you’re set in your ways, and people like you are hard to teach new things to. However it obvious you don’t know half as much as you think you do. AA are diverse group, please at least try and learn that fact

3. midori29 says:

Most people do not realize how diverse South Asia is, there are black mixed looking South Asians called Madras Indians

Link:

• fuzzybear44 says:

@midori29

Nice site. However you can’t teach Andrew anything. You can have a million pictures, you could show the history of the place. You could even bring those people to him, and he still would say NO

• andrew says:

Yeah, I keep saying NO, dear “factual historian” from da hood. I dont need your “million pictures”. Anytime I go to the restaurant, even tonight, there are alwais these South Asians (Sri Lankans or Bengalese) who try to sell me flowers, I don’t give a s**t about your sites to know how they look, I already know that.

• fuzzybear44 says:

Okay, throwing in a little condescending attitude, trying to hide the fact that you don’t know anything. Well I guess that is the best that you can do.

• madman says:

You guys are so cute!

• andrew says:

he’s a charlatan, don’t take him seriously.

• fuzzybear44 says:

@ Andrew

You’re calling someone a charlatan, that’s interesting. Pretty much everything I’ve every said on here, is backed up by indisputable FACTS. The only thing you’ve backed up, is your household toilet. You’re just mad, because it’s been proven once again ,that you don’t know anything

• andrew says:

It’s also a fact that once you said you weren’t completely aware of your family background (you talked about a Chinese/Japanese grandparent or something), and that was the same for other African-Americans you knew, who weren’t much informed about their ancestors (you talked about illegitimate mixed-race children sent from Europe to US). So before pretending to be an historian you shoud fix the holes inside your family history, and dealing with reality.

• fuzzybear44 says:

@Andrew

(It’s also a fact that once you said you weren’t completely aware of your family background (you talked about a Chinese/Japanese grandparent or something)

I never once said I had any Chinese/Japanese grandparent, once again you’re wrong.

Quote((you talked about illegitimate mixed-race children sent from Europe to US).

It’s called the brown babies project( kids from Germany, England etc were sent. It’s an indisputable fact.

Quote( So before pretending to be an historian you shoud fix the holes inside your family history, and dealing with reality.)

Well unlike you , I’m intelligent enough to handle more than one project at a time

• andrew says:

I didn’t invent the Chinese/Japanese grandparent out of nothing, once you told something about this possibility, perhaps I skipped a generation. I am not actually interested to know your family secrets and I respect your privacy.

• fuzzybear44 says:

@Andrew

Okay now you’re moving on to another subject , fine.

Quote(I didn’t invent the Chinese/Japanese grandparent out of nothing, once you told something about this possibility, perhaps I skipped a generation.)

Well in this case you did. What I said, was that there was a possibility that I my have some Asian ancestry. However possibility doesn’t equal a fact. I also never stated what type of Asian, let alone it being a Grandparent.

Quote(I am not actually interested to know your family secrets and I respect your privacy.)

Secrets would imply that I had something to hide, which I don’t

My Euro background is (French/Spanish) possible other
            MY African background (unknown)
            Native American (Choctaw/ Seminole) verified
            Possible Asian Ancestry(unknown)

Just sitting the record straight, so no more mistakes

4. andrew says:

hard to see the South Asian in her, she looks half black half white.

• fuzzybear44 says:

Have you googled South Asians? Kamala is no different than Lesley-Ann Brandt, who in your comment states( Indians can see my Indian heritage). People of South Asian look all kinds of ways(from light to almost pitch black)

• andrew says:

I’m not like you, I don’t have to use Google because I personally know West African people, also North Africans, Cubans, East Europeans, South Asians etc.

• fuzzybear44 says:

@Andrew

It obvious you’re not like me, I actually know things(and can backup what I say). Plus I’m in the United states(aka the great melting pot). Now accept for East Europeans(which no offense you white people all look alike to me), I know all those other types of people to. It was my North African friends that first started teaching me about North Africa (your friends obviously haven’t taught you anything).It’s obvious you do need to google South Asians, because it’s a melting pot of different color people to. However believe what you want, it’s your point of view(misguided as it is)

• andrew says:

I don’t have North African “friends” even though I know a lot of people from Morocco. Yes, South Asians are a melting pot of people but they’re generally brown-skinned people with straight black hair. And no, you can’t tell me white people look all the same, a Russian person is different from a Portuguese one etc.

• fuzzybear44 says:

Quote(I don’t have North African “friends” even though I know a lot of people from Morocco. )

Well I do, and knowing people from somewhere, and bothering to learn about those people and their culture are two different things. Unlike you, this (factual historian” from da hood) likes to learn new things

Quote(South Asians are a melting pot of people but they’re generally brown-skinned people with straight black hair.)

There you go again, judging only by the few you’ve seen.The brown skin color has a range to it, and so does the hair, I could give examples, but those kinda facts don’t interest you

Quote(And no, you can’t tell me white people look all the same, a Russian person is different from a Portuguese one etc.)

It’s no different than you telling me all Africans look the same, or what a black person is. However if you read my comment again, you would see I said (which no offense you white people all look alike to ME)

• fuzzybear44 says:

Midori 29

I knew ones far darker than that. I went to a majority white school, and one of my friends I talked to in class all the time,was from India. However until she told me where she was from, I thought she was a regular black girl with(girl hair as it’s called). Her brother and cousin also went to that school. I met more people like that when I got to college. It’s just like every other place. These people are taught that whiter is better, and that’s what India likes to promote. That’s why they have a skin bleaching problem over there to

• andrew says:

P.S. I use to go to a poker room (I don’t play though) because their bar is alwais open during night time. A Sri Lankan family runs that business, so I am familiar to that kind of people. To compare any brown people to “black” Americans is silly and stupid.