Josh Gad

"Thanks for Sharing" Los Angeles Premiere - Arrivals

Birth Name: Joshua Ilan Gad

Place of Birth: Hollywood, Florida, U.S.

Date of Birth: February 23, 1981

Ethnicity: Afghan Jewish, Ashkenazi Jewish

Josh Gad is an American actor, comedian, and singer.

Josh’s father was born in Afghanistan, and is of Afghan Jewish descent (Josh’s father moved from Afghanistan to Israel at the age of thirteen). Josh’s mother, who was born in Germany, is from a Polish Jewish family, and his maternal grandparents were Holocaust survivors. Josh had a Bar Mitzvah ceremony.

Of his father, Josh has said:

He came from a very religious family that was on a nomadic journey searching for a home… They went through India before finally settling in Afghanistan.

Josh is married to actress and writer Ida Darvish, with whom he has two children.

Josh’s maternal grandparents were Joseph Greenblatt and Evelyn. A picture of them can be seen here.

Photo by PrPhotos

1. andrew says:

Jamie Roberts is the Welsh version of this guy

2. neiltennant says:

it is very interesting that he is of afghan descent !

my grandparents were all 4 born in afghanistan but where of former soviet union descent . There must have been a lot of foreigners especially in kabul from usbekistan but also from larger russian cities.

Like my grandparents most foreigners assimilate with afghan population and culture but kept their identity

Some people think that all afghans are dark and/or asian. But thats not true.

interesting to see what kind of people are in my family
    all do have pale skin, but different eye colors. From blue, green, hazel to dark brown eyes. I do have brown eyes. But my best friend who is also of afghan descent has very greenish eyes but dark skin. Eveybody is jealous after knowing he is not tanning but its his natural skin color

3. neiltennant says:

i am also of Afghan descent

my mother is a darker Afghan woman /but pale compared to other Afghans

and my father is a pale skinned Afghan

my grandpa had several Jewish friends in kabul in the 70s and at that time a lot of Jews were living in Afghanistan

but in the 80s when my parents left this country there was only one Jew in Kabul named SAUL :–) my father knew him they were friends

really this guy looks more Italian he looks like the CRAIG FELDSPAR guy from MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE

iunfortuantely i cannot upload pics from me you were shocked :)

4. ihatemostpeople says:

Damn he has the smallest nose that I’ve ever seen.

5. J.J. says:

correction; his eyes are hazel (light brown) and his hair is virtually black (noiret)

• neiltennant says:

why you are not banned anymore ?

everytime I’m looking up celebs i do see the same comment on every white person with dark brown eyes !

he has dark brown eyes and not hazel