Isabel Granada

by Manila on October 25, 2017

Birth Name:
*Isabel Castro Granada (in Filipino)
*Isabel Granada y Castro (in Spanish)

Date of Birth: March 9, 1975

Place of Birth: Philippines

Date of Death: November 4, 2017

Place of Death: Doha, Qatar

Ethnicity:
*75% Spanish
*25% Filipino

Isabel Granada was a Filipino actress, singer, pilot, and athlete. She also held Spanish citizenship.

Isabel’s father, Humberto Ordóñez Granada (or Humberto Granada Ordóñez in Spanish), was a chief marine engineer, of half Filipino and half Spanish descent, from Majayjay, Laguna. Isabel’s mother, Isabel Castro Campos, is Spanish, from Ferrol, A Coruña.

Isabel was married to Arnel Principe Cowley, until her death. She had a son with her former husband, actor Jericho “Geryk” Genaskey Aguas.

She had said:

[I’m] Seventy-five percent [Spanish]. I’m an only child. I was born in the Philippines but I was raised in El Ferrol del Caudillo [Ferrol, A Coruña], Spain, which is quite far from Madrid. Twenty days after I was born, I was brought by my parents to Spain. My father was half-Filipino and half-Spaniard while my mother is pure Spaniard.

A picture of Isabel’s mother and son can be seen here.

Isabel’s paternal grandparents were Crispín Italia Granada and Wenceslawa Ordóñez.

Isabel’s maternal grandparents were surnamed Castro and Campos.

Source: Death record of Isabel’s father – https://www.familysearch.org

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Manila November 18, 2017 at 5:10 am

Read this about her marriage to Jericho Aguas: https://www.facebook.com/jerichogeryk.aguas/posts/10214385549770091

It seems complicated though.

Manila November 12, 2017 at 2:50 am

There is a problem regarding her year of birth. Her funeral announcement shows that she was born in 1975 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1883834768295260&set=pcb.1883835404961863&type=3&theater). So, let’s stick with that year as her complete date of birth is known by her family.

Manila November 12, 2017 at 7:10 am

Put her birthday back.

Manila November 4, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Correct her maternal family name to Castro. Also, she died on November 4, 2017 in Doha, Qatar. Rest in peace :(

Manila November 4, 2017 at 10:58 pm

By the way, she also held Spanish citizenship.

Manila November 4, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Isabel Castro’s maternal family name is Campos. Also, remove “Manila” as her birthplace. I am still looking for “Angeles City, Pampanga” as her possible birthplace, however all the Philippine records are locked as of now.

Manila November 5, 2017 at 12:24 am

I have found Humberto’s death record: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVJL-6WGB

His full name is Humberto Luis Ordóñez Granada (or Humberto Luis Granada Ordóñez in Spanish), and was from Majayjay, Laguna.

Isabel’s maternal grandparents were surnamed Castro and Campos.

Manila November 5, 2017 at 12:25 am

*Disregard “Luis”

Manila November 5, 2017 at 7:08 am

Wrong full name
It should be:
“Isabel Castro Granada (in Filipino)
Isabel Granada y Castro (in Spanish)”

Manila October 27, 2017 at 1:37 am

I have found a news article: http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/94255/isabel-granada-ready-big-splash-conversations-ricky-f-lo

“How much of you is Spaniard?

“Seventy-five percent. I’m an only child. I was born in the Philippines but I was raised in El Ferrol del Caudillo [Ferrol, A Coruña], Spain, which is quite far from Madrid. Twenty days after I was born, I was brought by my parents to Spain. My father was half-Filipino and half-Spaniard while my mother is pure Spaniard. “

Manila October 26, 2017 at 6:09 am

I have found a photo of her son and mother: https://www.facebook.com/ave.lobrigo/posts/1466567960045731

And, I have doubts about her maternal family name because it says that her mother’s last name is Castro (which is also of Galician origin) according to a news report. Notice that Spaniards have two last names: paternal followed by maternal. It is possible that Villarama might be perhaps her maternal grandmother’s last name.

So for now, put the correction on her maternal family name first. I’ll re-examine that later.

Manila October 26, 2017 at 2:46 am

I hope she will make a full recovery. Get well soon.

Previous post: