Isaac Herzog

Place of Birth: Tel Aviv, Israel

Date of Birth: 22 September, 1960

Ethnicity: Ashkenazi Jewish

Isaac Herzog is an Israeli politician. He was chairman of the Labor Party; a member of the Knesset, from 2003 to 2018, and opposition leader from 2013 to 2018.

Isaac is the son of Aura Herzog, a social activist, and Chaim Herzog, a politician, general, lawyer, and diplomat, who served as President of Israel, from 5 May, 1983 to 13 May, 1993. His father was born in Belfast, Ireland, to Ashkenazi Jewish parents from Poland and Latvia, and moved to Israel in 1935. His mother was born in Egypt, also to an Ashkenazi Jewish family.

Isaac is married to Michal, a lawyer, with whom he has three children.

Isaac’s paternal grandfather was Rabbi Yitzhak HaLevi Herzog (the son of Yoel/Joel Leib Gercek/Herzog, Halevi, and of Liba Miriam Cyrowicz). Isaac’s grandfather Itzhak was born in Łomża, Vistula Land, and was the Chief Rabbi of Ireland, from 1919 to 1937. He was a fluent speaker of Irish, and was known as the “Sinn Féin Rabbi.” Yoel was born in Gmina Łomża, Podlachia, Poland, the son of Herszk Naftali Gercek/Herzog, Halevi, and of Sora.

Isaac’s paternal grandmother was Sara/Sarah Hillman (the daughter of Rabbi Shmuel Yitzchak Hillman and Chaya Shaina Pokempner). Sara was born in Latvia. Shmuel was born in Šeduva, Šiauliai County, Lithuania, and was an Orthodox Talmudic scholar, Posek, and rabbi. He served as a Dayan of the London Beth Din. Rabbi Shmuel was the son of Avraham Chaim Hillman and Paya Rivka HaCohen. Chaya was the daughter of Yitzhak Iche Zvi Nafthali Hirsch/Hirshe Pakempner/Pokempner and Leah Brina Marovich Meyerson Scheinker, who was born in Radviliskis, Lithuania.

Isaac’s maternal grandfather was Simcha Ambache/Ambash (the son of Zalman Ambache and Beila Kltatckin). Ambache is an acronym for “I believe in complete faith.” Simcha was born in Jaffa, Israel. Zalman was born in Białystok, Podlaskie Voivodeship, Poland, the son of Nachman Ambache. Beila was born in Vilnius, Lithuania.

Isaac’s maternal grandmother was Leah Steinberg (the daughter of Michel/Michal Yechiel Sechila/Steinberg and Gitel Benett). Leah was born in Israel. Michel was the son of Tsvi Steinberg and Sara Dacha. Gitel was the daughter of Eliyahu Benett.

Source: Genealogy of Isaac Herzog – https://www.geni.com

RadDaddy

I live 2/3rds of my life on the web and have seen into the dusky abyss of Trolldom. I enjoy population genetics as a hobby and know quite a bit about Southern Europeans in general. I would like to learn more about genealogy to solve my own family mystery about a grandfather that is not what he appeared to be... I will attempt to bring some positivity to this site and hope to send a flicker of light out into the darkness of the web.

1. madman says:

I have no idea what you submitted that you’re so mad about it being changed, but this is just how this site works. People submit profiles, and the moderators add additional information or change certain thing to create conformity among the profiles. If all the information is more or less the same in the profile, maybe you’d structured it incorrectly? Why wouldn’t they change that? Of course the moderators want the profiles on here to look the same structurewise.

And regarding the profile you linked: do you really think it’s purposefully poorly written? That follers just didn’t care to put in her grandparents or a picture? All profiles includes what’s known or available about them, it’s nothing more than that.

• madman says:

Forgot to click “reply”. Something this site would really need is a way to delete or edit comments.

• RadDaddy says:

If you have no idea what I submitted, maybe you should refrain from putting your 2 cents in about it?
      I don’t want my name on a profile that I didn’t author.
      This is not my work and bears no resemblance to what I submitted.

“And regarding the profile you linked: do you really think it’s purposefully poorly written? That follers just didn’t care to put in her grandparents or a picture.”

Clearly it’s poorly written and gives no details at all.
      Forget grandparents, it doesn’t even give her parents names or basic details about her modeling career.
      This girl is a model and Follers can’t even find a photo of her to post…
      I was just using that profile as an example of shoddy work by staff that is allowed on, while my profile was gutted and totally rewritten.
      Follers can defend himself and doesn’t need a lickspittle-toady to do it for him.

Go away and troll someone else.

• madman says:

Well, you didn’t write where it was changed, so how would I know? Was my assumption correct?

Why would it give details about her modeling career? That’s what Wikipedia is for. I agree about her parents though, but for some reason follers has stopped listing the names of parents, so it’s likely not about not caring to put them there.

Since you submitted this profile, you should’ve read the sentence that said “Please find a photo on Prphotos.com”. Or maybe you just think the moderators can just google a photo and use that without any copyright issue at all?

• follers says:

For the record, what RadDaddy submitted was a couple of paragraphs about Herzog’s career that were directly copied from the Jewish Virtual Library, with a couple of sentences about his ancestry that were directly copied from his or his parents’ Wikipedia pages (and RadDaddy added links to those websites).

I’m not sure there was any originally-written text there (not that it matters).

No detailing of his great-grandparents’/etc. names beyond what was on Wikipedia.

2. RadDaddy says:

Not what I submitted.

If you have a problem with what I did submit, it would have been best for you just to put your name on this celeb profile.
    Is what you submitted not just a slightly reworded copy and paste, anyway?
    All the data is the same but shaken and stirred a bit, like a seasoned plagiarist throwing their professor off the scent.
    How is it that less dishonest than a straight copy and paste with source attributions from several sites?
    Small edits would give me the point, but you basically just made your own profile and left my name on it.

Seems arbitrary and capricious for you to do this when you have celeb profiles so poorly done like this one below:

Sofia Mechetner

“by follers · August 4, 2015

Place of Birth: Holon, Israel

Date of Birth: c. 2001

Ethnicity: Russian Jewish

Sofia Mechetner is an Israeli model.”
    That is it….
    Not even so much as a photo….

Please take my name off this profile and put your own on it.
    I will not submit anymore profiles on your site.
    I don’t think it’s correct for me to have my screen name on a profile that you wrote.
    Editing a poorly done first profile is fine, but this is not an edit, this is YOUR work.
    Seems to me that many, many, lazy and extremely poorly done profiles are on Ethnic Celebs.
    Are you really sticking to a meticulous criterion on here for all celeb profiles?

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
    —–Animal Farm, George Orwell 1945.