Brooke Burke

by Lil Vacha on August 29, 2011

Brooke Burke ethnicity

Birth Name: Brooke Lisa Burke

Place of Birth: Hartford, Connecticut, U.S.

Date of Birth: September 8, 1971

Ethnicity: Irish, French, and Portuguese (Jewish)

Brooke Burke is an American television personality, actress, dancer, and model.

Brooke is the daughter of Donna and George F. Burke. She has Irish, French, and Portuguese ancestry. Her mother was born Patricia Ann, and along with her twin sister was adopted by Fay (Waingrow) and Nicholas Bruno, and renamed Donna Marie Bruno.

Brooke’s mother’s adoptive mother Fay was Jewish, and Brooke’s mother was raised Jewish; it is not clear if Brooke’s mother, by birth, has Jewish ancestry. Brooke was herself raised Jewish. She is married to French singer, actor, and model David Charvet (David is also Jewish). She has two children with her former husband, plastic surgeon Garth Fisher; and two children with David.

Brooke has stated:

…I’m Jewish, and David’s family is Jewish. We keep Shabbat, we celebrate all the high holidays… my girls went to a Jewish school for all their early education. We’re not religious, but we do keep all the traditions.

Sources: Brooke talks about her family background – http://www.globalmomschallenge.org

Marriage record of Brooke’s parents – https://familysearch.org

photo by kathclick/Bigstock.com

{ 72 comments… read them below or add one }

neiltennant December 11, 2017 at 1:22 pm

its the best decision to hide the asian side

because hollywood is racist and asians nowadays still play asian roles

stereotypical roles…

SUMMER GLAU, LINDSAY PRICE are among the other deniers

bablah December 10, 2017 at 12:15 pm
bablah January 24, 2017 at 1:33 pm
neiltennant July 31, 2015 at 6:14 am

on some pics she looks like PAULA ABDUL

but she has to those asian eyes paula abdul has got middle eastern eyes

neiltennant April 14, 2015 at 1:46 am

no Asian ?

maybe a denier

M June 14, 2015 at 12:21 am

I agree with you. I confuse her with Vanessa Minnillo all the time. She HAS to be Asian.

neiltennant June 5, 2017 at 3:47 pm

BUT she looks also like PAULA ABDUL

noneofyourbusiness February 3, 2015 at 10:19 am

She looks mixed with Southeast Asian, particularly Filipino. I have seen Filipina Mestizas with her look. There is no way she’s fully white.

Check7t September 26, 2014 at 10:15 pm

She’s probably like 1/8th Amerindian.

WTF August 17, 2014 at 5:26 am

this chick definitely is not fully white. she appears to have both asian and black features.

neiltennant December 8, 2017 at 2:46 am

Asian of course

Black not

ihatemostpeople March 2, 2014 at 12:40 am

She reminds of Vanessa Minnillo who is half Filipino. Brooke definitely looks part Asian.

ihatemostpeople March 2, 2014 at 12:40 am

reminds me of*****

neiltennant May 17, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I’m sure she is asian

there are people with chinky eyes in iceland, poland, former jugoslawia, afghanistan, russia etc

but her eyes and looks are obvious

James February 13, 2012 at 11:02 am

She may claim Irish, French, Portuguese heritage but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t have a non-European ancestor somewhere back in time. A majority of Americans have very little factual evidence tracing their ancestors going back over 200 years, and since you can find Irish, French, and Portuguese peoples all over the world (including Asia) it wouldn’t be a stretch that she may indeed have Asian ancestry.

I love you, Roger Scientist March 8, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I think Brooke looks a little Asian, too.

I am glad she is proud of her heritage, though. It is beautiful, and good that she likes to keep some of the traditions from her Jewish side alive. :]

heather January 21, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Well she sure looks lik it … Who knows maybe her grandmother or father came from Iceland …

Hate Me January 21, 2012 at 2:52 pm

But she is not Icelandic.

Justin Bieber September 21, 2011 at 9:31 am

jewish is a religion fuckwits

doyle April 8, 2012 at 5:42 pm

It’s also a race dumbfuck… read a book

neiltennant December 8, 2017 at 2:47 am

its also religion and ethnicity

the term RACE is only used in US and is not good

fuzzybear44 December 8, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Quote(the term RACE is only used in US and is not good)

Only in the U.S? Come on now, you know that’s not true, everyone uses that term

madman December 9, 2017 at 3:02 am

No, they don’t actually. For better or worse, in my country (almost) only racists use the word race the way Americans do. Can’t speak for other European countries though.

andrew December 9, 2017 at 6:36 am

Yes, only British Isles have a “race” category in censuses, if you don’t count Eastern Europe:

fuzzybear44 December 9, 2017 at 10:47 pm

@madman

Quote(No, they don’t actually. For better or worse, in my country (almost) only racists use the word race the way Americans do.)

Now your country might not openly categorize people by the color of their skin. However those racist, are members of your country, So you can’t say your country doesn’t do it. You also can’t tell who’s racist or not. Some are very vocal while others are quiet . So the only person speak for, is yourself

fuzzybear44 December 9, 2017 at 11:15 pm

@andrew

Well thanks to your map there, it proves that way of thinking isn’t just in the U.S. Now while the map say Europe doesn’t openly categorize people by the color of their skin, we know the people do. There’s to many incidents supporting what I’m saying

madman December 10, 2017 at 12:48 am

I didn’t mean categorization on censuses. When you wrote “use” I assumed you meant “used in everyday language”. Of course the word exists, but it is very taboo to use it, hence why I wrote “only racists use the word race the way Americans do”. And since they are exceptions to the rule, then yes, I can say that the word isn’t used (commonly) in my country.

You’re also assuming I meant “most racists use the word race”. I never said that, what I did say was; “most people who use the word race are racists”. Don’t put words in my mouth.

fuzzybear44 December 10, 2017 at 1:38 am

@madman

Quote(also assuming I meant “most racists use the word race”. I never said that, what I did say was; “most people who use the word race are racists”.)

No, I made no assumption about your statement.

(in my country (almost) only racists use the word race the way Americans do.)

I didn’t add to the statement , or take anything away. It’s what you said, so how could I have put words in your mouth?

Quote( I assumed you meant “used in everyday language”. , but it is very taboo to use it,I can say that the word isn’t used (commonly) in my country.)

Well I did mean it used in everyday language. The subject maybe taboo, but I doubt that stops it from happening. Now to say it’s not commonly used in your country, well you can only speak of the times when your present. You don’t know what goes through peoples minds unless they tell you. I’m from Los Angeles , and you saying you know the mindset of people in your country,That’s like me saying I know what every black person in LA is thinking right now.However I can’t tell you what’s going on in my own neighborhood right now

You can say as far as you know, it’s not common, and that would be a true statement for me

andrew December 10, 2017 at 5:34 am

@fuzzybear

madman December 10, 2017 at 11:47 am

“You also can’t tell who’s racist or not. Some are very vocal while others are quiet .” This sounded like you thought I implied that I know who the racists are (presumably by what words they use, since that was what I was talking about). I simply said that those who use “race” to describe skin colour/ethnic background are often racists. If that interpretation was wrong, I apologize.

If we’re gonna start guessing what people say behind closed doors, then we can make no assumption about the use of language in any country, pretty useless if you ask me.

fuzzybear44 December 10, 2017 at 1:56 pm

@madman

Quote(I think you’ve misunderstood my point. I never mentioned the mindset of the people, only the use of the word “race”. Here, people do categorize each other by race, like they do everywhere, and that way of thinking is highly present. The only thing I said is that we don’t use (the translation of) the term “race” in the way that English-speaking countries do. If someone would say a person is, for example, mixed race (“blandras” in Swedish), people would answer with “there is only one race of humans”. So the word is used in very different ways.)

Oh so you’re Swedish huh, cool. Well yes there was a misunderstanding. I also agree with that mindset, that “there is only one race of humans”. Hopefully were all good

neiltennant December 10, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Thats correct

RACE as a category or classification is wrong and suggests that humans are like animals and some can say X Y or Z

Thats wrong

In germany we don’t use RACE as word anymore

and i punch everybody in the face who uses this word

fuzzybear44 December 10, 2017 at 11:18 pm

@andrew

Quote(Yes, racism do exists in Europe. About “incidents”, for example they threw bananas to Brazilian footballers Dani Alves and Neymar at football games. Also, after the 2005 French riots in the banlieue, the concept of multiculturalism in Europe has officially failed. In many big Euro towns, immigrants live in ghettos like Molenbeek.)

Yes I’ve seen examples on video, where a European woman was upset, because a black man was allowed to stay in the same hotel she was in. While another woman was berating this black woman who was just waiting for a bus. screaming at her saying , ” You’ll never be better than me, because I’m white”

andrew December 12, 2017 at 2:10 am

”You’ll never be better than me, because I’m white”: really? Lfmao.

About the hotel “incident”, I would sent that woman to a one that is close to my house, alwais full of German and Dutch tourists in the peak season. The receptionist is a polyglot man from Ivory Coast who speaks French, English, Italian and German. She would have been probably scared to see him in that position.

neiltennant December 11, 2017 at 1:19 pm

fuzzybear

i do live in germany and here racism is not a problem. In the east we have problem with racists and there are some nazis. But why? because they are disappointed after the fall of the WALL they don’t have industry and they earn less than the west germans.

Thats not because they have racist blood in them. They are disappointed . i do live in the west of germany and i know a lot of intelligent guys and girls from eastern part of germany they do work here with me and none of them racists

RACE as a category is wrong ! There are not races. We are not animals. WE speak about ethnic groups

every time i read the term RACE my blood becomes cold

fuzzybear44 December 11, 2017 at 11:59 pm

@neiltennant

Quote #1(i agree with you there is racism in europe but please come on don’t do like it s normal and everyday case)

Well seeing videos and blogs testimonials from black people who say they live in Europe, it apparently is an everyday thing. You’re not everywhere, so you don’t what going down

Quote#2
(i do live in germany and here racism is not a problem.)

Quote#3
(i do live in germany and here racism is not a problem. In the east we have problem with racists and there are some nazis. )

so you’re German, huh. Did you know according to a survey of the 8 worst places for a black to travel, that Germany was on the list. The UN also states that Germany has a racism problem:

There are even articles written about certain german towns where black people should never go to, if they want to remain safe.

Quote#4
(In the east we have problem with racists and there are some nazis. But why? because they are disappointed after the fall of the WALL they don’t have industry and they earn less than the west germans.)

Quote#5
(Thats not because they have racist blood in them. They are disappointed )

You know that’s the same thing the KKK and Skinheads say over here. They say they’re Disappointed in the government. However instead of terrorizing the government,they say it’s black people fault

You say they’re not racist, however I never hear about them terrorizing other white germans. If they do, let me know

andrew December 12, 2017 at 2:59 am

Quote #1

(It’s funny to me, that no matter which country it is, everytime I read or hear this statement, it’s always coming from a white person. They always say (we don’t see any racism, or we don’t do that here). However the truth to why they never see or feel any racism, is because it’s never directed to them.)

I can get what you mean from your point of view of non-white person

Quote#2

(Did you know according to a survey of the 8 worst places for a black to travel, that Germany was on the list. The UN also states that Germany has a racism problem)

The UN is the organization who is planning to replace European population with non European people. If European women would be more busy with making babies instead of selfies, this would not be a problem though.

Don’t be afraid to travel in Europe. You’re welcomed. There are already millions of black people in Europe. I’ve also personally seen several interracial couples (white/black or white/asian) visiting my country.

Quote#3

(So because they’re disappointed, they get to take their frustrations out on people who had nothing to do with the wall, or the hard times, interesting)

Normally racism finds fertile territory in people with poor education, high unemployment rate and low income. Also because these people use to live next to immigrant enclaves, that’s where the tension rises up.

neiltennant December 12, 2017 at 3:38 am

my brother please

before you move on

you have to know that im actually not native german

i could pass for turkish(??), italian, greek, croatian and many more ethnic groups haha
but also many people claim i look like darker german types or like albanian

therefore im not sure how i can tell you something about racism
my father is white

andrew December 12, 2017 at 5:33 pm

“Multiethnic” means to belong to different ethnic groups, your parents are both Afghan and I seriously doubt than any of the people from your family looks European until I will see a picture.

neiltennant September 27, 2018 at 2:16 pm

@andrew

,,i m rather multiethnic. Im from afghanistan My mother is med could easily pass for italian my father(also afghan) is pale and of russian jewish descent as well of medium pale afghan descent

but also many people claim i look like darker german types or like albanian”

are you able to read??

did you ever see afghan people ? We are not all dark and my father is not an ethnic afghan. My mother has also different ethnic background

andrew September 27, 2018 at 4:20 pm

Ethnic Afghans are South Asian people, they have Australoid and Mongoloid admixture. Those with European features, like you, are Afghan by nationality but not by ethnicity. Don’t break our balls again with this argument, please. This site is about celebrity ethnicities, you are a nobody.

fuzzybear44 December 17, 2017 at 11:36 pm

@andrew

Come on, you really believe that?

neiltennant September 27, 2018 at 2:14 pm

,,Quote(The UN is the organization who is planning to replace European population with non European people.)

Come on, you really believe that?”

thats a very dangerous claim which is not rare in germany

it is very dangerous those claims in the past made HITLER possible. We should be very careful with that

andrew September 27, 2018 at 4:14 pm

@fuzzybear

The point is not if I believe that or not, there’s an official UN document which clearly indicates why certain things are allowed to happen in Europe now. I mean the planned migrants invasion. Normal people is not really aware of this kind of stuff, and when they wake up, they vote for right wing parties, whick are in magnificent health all over the Continent, and because of the globalist politics of the likes of Soros&Co.

neiltennant September 27, 2018 at 2:12 pm

if you know im not an ethnic german

i do have brown hair and pale skin however there are people who say i look like a foreigner

and i did not experience so much racism in germany

plus i m bald maybe sometimes people think im a political skinhead haha

however im not sure if those reports and claims of dark people in germany are true or not

passingtime85 September 28, 2018 at 7:50 am

@andrew

Not that I particularly want to defend neiltennant, but I’d just like to point out that ethnic Afghans probably are not the mix of people you think they are, I mean they border Iran, I am not sure how they’d be mixed with Australoids. That mixed usually occurs further south towards the southern tip of India. Most Afghans should be a typical mix of Indo-European which falls into the category of Caucasoids.

andrew September 28, 2018 at 5:47 pm

@passingtime

I agree with you, but I’ve seen some genetic maps/charts (not a stuff I actually really care much) where even Afghans scored 10/20% Australoid (Veddoid) admixture. It does not mean it alwais shows in phenotypes.

passingtime85 October 2, 2018 at 3:32 pm

@andrew

Not sure how accurate that is but, neat, I wasn’t aware of that.

andrew October 2, 2018 at 5:16 pm

there’s a Dravidian-speaking minority in Afghanistan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahui_people

passingtime85 October 3, 2018 at 10:30 am

Judging from the pictures on google, they’ve heavily mixed with the local population, they don’t look particularly distinct for the region. In older pictures they look like their southern cousins, but not so much anymore.

Ashford September 21, 2011 at 8:46 am

Brooke Lisa Burke said that her heritage is Irish, French, Portuguese, and Jewish. She is the biggest liar. She is one those who likes to tag to others with privilege. She has Native American of the South (Seminole) blood and Turkish blood as well as Portuguese and French. Her features even show that and she can’t hide them, her face in particular. She might want plastice surgery to change that.
In general term, she is a wannabe liar.

Former MySpace Celebrity September 21, 2011 at 12:51 pm

How exactly do you know? That’s interesting…

I love you, Roger Scientist March 8, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Prove it.

neiltennant December 10, 2017 at 2:28 pm

she has also Asian not only Native American

madman December 10, 2017 at 11:02 pm

follers, can you please add Brooke’s Asian and Native American ancestry since there is now proof (neiltennant said so)?

follers December 11, 2017 at 8:08 am

It’s on the list.

andrew December 11, 2017 at 1:51 pm

@follers

how do we know that she has French and Portuguese ancestry?

I’d change to:

* Irish, other

follers December 11, 2017 at 2:06 pm

The internet mentions Irish, Portuguese, French, and Jewish.

Her mother was born in the 1940s, when children that were adopted by Jews in the U.S. were just about always born Jewish (either born to two Jewish parents, or born to a Jewish mother and a non-Jewish father). This wasn’t really true anymore after the mid 1950s.

Since it looks like Burke’s maternal grandparents were a mixed-religion couple, perhaps that wasn’t the case here. Although since her mother was raised Jewish, maybe it was.

In any case, Irish and “other” is way too bare here. This is a good starting point.

neiltennant December 12, 2017 at 3:39 am

@follers

is that really true that jews were nt allowed to marry people of christian faith

follers December 12, 2017 at 5:42 am

Eh? What I said was that non-Jewish babies or children were almost never or never adopted by Jews back before the mid 1950s or so. That’s true, yes. There were specific Jewish adoption agencies, while other adoption agencies preferred not to place Christian babies with Jewish couples.

Ashford September 21, 2011 at 8:41 am

Brooke Lisa Burke said that her heritage is Irish, French, Portuguese, and Jewish, she is the biggest liar. She is one those who like to tag other with privilege. She has Native American of the South (Seminole) blood and Turkish blood as well as Portuguese and French.
In general term, she is a wannabe liar.

I love you, Roger Scientist March 8, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Source please?

neiltennant December 11, 2017 at 1:21 pm

its obvious that she has some thai or philippine roots
but please don’t judge my sister

because in hollywood it s suicide to have asian roots

LOOK at MATTHEW MOY the guy from 2 BROKE GIRLS

the guy speaks perfect english and he has an anglo name but he plays only japanese foreign students and korean restaurant owner

Myspace Celebrity August 29, 2011 at 8:20 am

I thought she was 1/4 Asian…of course I was wrong on that one.

heather August 29, 2011 at 9:16 am

Where did u get stupid idea from … Now I was smart enough think she was part icelandic

Myspace Celebrity August 30, 2011 at 4:30 pm

She looks partially Asian. Calm your shit,bitch.

Sillau October 21, 2011 at 12:09 am

yeah,same here i thought she had atleast some kind of asian in her,like prob filipino or taiwanese or something idk,but yeah heather needs to calm down,gosh heather.

Dasher November 5, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Most people think she is part Asian. I thought she was part Filipino myself. It turns out that she is white, but may I point out that the Portuguese can be very dark and exotic.

sara February 11, 2012 at 11:23 pm

What difference does it make what nationality Brook Burke is she’s beautiful & talented. I am a Portugese Jew on my mothers side & Polish Jew on my fathers. I am light skinned with green eyes & light brown hair. Geez quit hating on her ethic background. God doesn’t see color

heather January 21, 2012 at 8:06 am

Welllllll all of you are STUPID AS F***!!! she soooo looks icelandic!!! She has pale skin and blue eyes and typical icelandic face !! I would know, my freind is 1/4 icelandic !!

WTF August 17, 2014 at 5:27 am

she looks like she could be a 1/4 asian and 1/4 black.

neiltennant December 10, 2017 at 2:29 pm