Brooke Burke

Brooke Burke ethnicity

Birth Name: Brooke Lisa Burke

Place of Birth: Hartford, Connecticut, U.S.

Date of Birth: September 8, 1971

Ethnicity: Irish, French, and Portuguese (Jewish)

Brooke Burke is an American television personality, actress, dancer, and model.

Brooke is the daughter of Donna and George F. Burke. She has Irish, French, and Portuguese ancestry. Her mother was born Patricia Ann, and along with her twin sister was adopted by Fay (Waingrow) and Nicholas Bruno, and renamed Donna Marie Bruno.

Brooke’s mother’s adoptive mother Fay was Jewish, and Brooke’s mother was raised Jewish; it is not clear if Brooke’s mother, by birth, has Jewish ancestry. Brooke was herself raised Jewish. She is married to French singer, actor, and model David Charvet (David is also Jewish). She has two children with her former husband, plastic surgeon Garth Fisher; and two children with David.

Brooke has stated:

…I’m Jewish, and David’s family is Jewish. We keep Shabbat, we celebrate all the high holidays… my girls went to a Jewish school for all their early education. We’re not religious, but we do keep all the traditions.

Sources: Brooke talks about her family background – http://www.globalmomschallenge.org

Marriage record of Brooke’s parents – https://familysearch.org

photo by kathclick/Bigstock.com

Lil Vacha

Hello, everyone.! XD

1. Hate Me says:

But she is not Icelandic.

2. Justin Bieber says:

jewish is a religion fuckwits

• doyle says:

It’s also a race dumbfuck… read a book

• neiltennant says:

its also religion and ethnicity

the term RACE is only used in US and is not good

• fuzzybear44 says:

Quote(the term RACE is only used in US and is not good)

Only in the U.S? Come on now, you know that’s not true, everyone uses that term

• madman says:

No, they don’t actually. For better or worse, in my country (almost) only racists use the word race the way Americans do. Can’t speak for other European countries though.

• andrew says:

Yes, only British Isles have a “race” category in censuses, if you don’t count Eastern Europe:

• fuzzybear44 says:

@madman

Quote(No, they don’t actually. For better or worse, in my country (almost) only racists use the word race the way Americans do.)

Now your country might not openly categorize people by the color of their skin. However those racist, are members of your country, So you can’t say your country doesn’t do it. You also can’t tell who’s racist or not. Some are very vocal while others are quiet . So the only person speak for, is yourself

• fuzzybear44 says:

@andrew

Well thanks to your map there, it proves that way of thinking isn’t just in the U.S. Now while the map say Europe doesn’t openly categorize people by the color of their skin, we know the people do. There’s to many incidents supporting what I’m saying

• madman says:

I didn’t mean categorization on censuses. When you wrote “use” I assumed you meant “used in everyday language”. Of course the word exists, but it is very taboo to use it, hence why I wrote “only racists use the word race the way Americans do”. And since they are exceptions to the rule, then yes, I can say that the word isn’t used (commonly) in my country.

You’re also assuming I meant “most racists use the word race”. I never said that, what I did say was; “most people who use the word race are racists”. Don’t put words in my mouth.

• fuzzybear44 says:

@madman

Quote(also assuming I meant “most racists use the word race”. I never said that, what I did say was; “most people who use the word race are racists”.)

No, I made no assumption about your statement.

(in my country (almost) only racists use the word race the way Americans do.)

I didn’t add to the statement , or take anything away. It’s what you said, so how could I have put words in your mouth?

Quote( I assumed you meant “used in everyday language”. , but it is very taboo to use it,I can say that the word isn’t used (commonly) in my country.)

Well I did mean it used in everyday language. The subject maybe taboo, but I doubt that stops it from happening. Now to say it’s not commonly used in your country, well you can only speak of the times when your present. You don’t know what goes through peoples minds unless they tell you. I’m from Los Angeles , and you saying you know the mindset of people in your country,That’s like me saying I know what every black person in LA is thinking right now.However I can’t tell you what’s going on in my own neighborhood right now

You can say as far as you know, it’s not common, and that would be a true statement for me

• andrew says:

@fuzzybear

• madman says:

“You also can’t tell who’s racist or not. Some are very vocal while others are quiet .” This sounded like you thought I implied that I know who the racists are (presumably by what words they use, since that was what I was talking about). I simply said that those who use “race” to describe skin colour/ethnic background are often racists. If that interpretation was wrong, I apologize.

If we’re gonna start guessing what people say behind closed doors, then we can make no assumption about the use of language in any country, pretty useless if you ask me.

• fuzzybear44 says:

@madman

Quote(I think you’ve misunderstood my point. I never mentioned the mindset of the people, only the use of the word “race”. Here, people do categorize each other by race, like they do everywhere, and that way of thinking is highly present. The only thing I said is that we don’t use (the translation of) the term “race” in the way that English-speaking countries do. If someone would say a person is, for example, mixed race (“blandras” in Swedish), people would answer with “there is only one race of humans”. So the word is used in very different ways.)

Oh so you’re Swedish huh, cool. Well yes there was a misunderstanding. I also agree with that mindset, that “there is only one race of humans”. Hopefully were all good

• neiltennant says:

Thats correct

RACE as a category or classification is wrong and suggests that humans are like animals and some can say X Y or Z

Thats wrong

In germany we don’t use RACE as word anymore

and i punch everybody in the face who uses this word

• fuzzybear44 says:

@andrew

Quote(Yes, racism do exists in Europe. About “incidents”, for example they threw bananas to Brazilian footballers Dani Alves and Neymar at football games. Also, after the 2005 French riots in the banlieue, the concept of multiculturalism in Europe has officially failed. In many big Euro towns, immigrants live in ghettos like Molenbeek.)

Yes I’ve seen examples on video, where a European woman was upset, because a black man was allowed to stay in the same hotel she was in. While another woman was berating this black woman who was just waiting for a bus. screaming at her saying , ” You’ll never be better than me, because I’m white”

• andrew says:

”You’ll never be better than me, because I’m white”: really? Lfmao.

About the hotel “incident”, I would sent that woman to a one that is close to my house, alwais full of German and Dutch tourists in the peak season. The receptionist is a polyglot man from Ivory Coast who speaks French, English, Italian and German. She would have been probably scared to see him in that position.

• neiltennant says:

fuzzybear

i do live in germany and here racism is not a problem. In the east we have problem with racists and there are some nazis. But why? because they are disappointed after the fall of the WALL they don’t have industry and they earn less than the west germans.

Thats not because they have racist blood in them. They are disappointed . i do live in the west of germany and i know a lot of intelligent guys and girls from eastern part of germany they do work here with me and none of them racists

RACE as a category is wrong ! There are not races. We are not animals. WE speak about ethnic groups

every time i read the term RACE my blood becomes cold

• fuzzybear44 says:

@neiltennant

Quote #1(i agree with you there is racism in europe but please come on don’t do like it s normal and everyday case)

Well seeing videos and blogs testimonials from black people who say they live in Europe, it apparently is an everyday thing. You’re not everywhere, so you don’t what going down

Quote#2
        (i do live in germany and here racism is not a problem.)

Quote#3
        (i do live in germany and here racism is not a problem. In the east we have problem with racists and there are some nazis. )

so you’re German, huh. Did you know according to a survey of the 8 worst places for a black to travel, that Germany was on the list. The UN also states that Germany has a racism problem:

There are even articles written about certain german towns where black people should never go to, if they want to remain safe.

Quote#4
        (In the east we have problem with racists and there are some nazis. But why? because they are disappointed after the fall of the WALL they don’t have industry and they earn less than the west germans.)

Quote#5
        (Thats not because they have racist blood in them. They are disappointed )

You know that’s the same thing the KKK and Skinheads say over here. They say they’re Disappointed in the government. However instead of terrorizing the government,they say it’s black people fault

You say they’re not racist, however I never hear about them terrorizing other white germans. If they do, let me know

• andrew says:

Quote #1

(It’s funny to me, that no matter which country it is, everytime I read or hear this statement, it’s always coming from a white person. They always say (we don’t see any racism, or we don’t do that here). However the truth to why they never see or feel any racism, is because it’s never directed to them.)

I can get what you mean from your point of view of non-white person

Quote#2

(Did you know according to a survey of the 8 worst places for a black to travel, that Germany was on the list. The UN also states that Germany has a racism problem)

The UN is the organization who is planning to replace European population with non European people. If European women would be more busy with making babies instead of selfies, this would not be a problem though.

Don’t be afraid to travel in Europe. You’re welcomed. There are already millions of black people in Europe. I’ve also personally seen several interracial couples (white/black or white/asian) visiting my country.

Quote#3

(So because they’re disappointed, they get to take their frustrations out on people who had nothing to do with the wall, or the hard times, interesting)

Normally racism finds fertile territory in people with poor education, high unemployment rate and low income. Also because these people use to live next to immigrant enclaves, that’s where the tension rises up.

• neiltennant says:

my brother please

before you move on

you have to know that im actually not native german

i could pass for turkish(??), italian, greek, croatian and many more ethnic groups haha
          but also many people claim i look like darker german types or like albanian

therefore im not sure how i can tell you something about racism
          my father is white

• andrew says:

“Multiethnic” means to belong to different ethnic groups, your parents are both Afghan and I seriously doubt than any of the people from your family looks European until I will see a picture.

• neiltennant says:

@andrew

,,i m rather multiethnic. Im from afghanistan My mother is med could easily pass for italian my father(also afghan) is pale and of russian jewish descent as well of medium pale afghan descent

but also many people claim i look like darker german types or like albanian”

are you able to read??

did you ever see afghan people ? We are not all dark and my father is not an ethnic afghan. My mother has also different ethnic background

• andrew says:

Ethnic Afghans are South Asian people, they have Australoid and Mongoloid admixture. Those with European features, like you, are Afghan by nationality but not by ethnicity. Don’t break our balls again with this argument, please. This site is about celebrity ethnicities, you are a nobody.

• fuzzybear44 says:

@andrew

Come on, you really believe that?

• neiltennant says:

,,Quote(The UN is the organization who is planning to replace European population with non European people.)

Come on, you really believe that?”

thats a very dangerous claim which is not rare in germany

it is very dangerous those claims in the past made HITLER possible. We should be very careful with that

• andrew says:

@fuzzybear

The point is not if I believe that or not, there’s an official UN document which clearly indicates why certain things are allowed to happen in Europe now. I mean the planned migrants invasion. Normal people is not really aware of this kind of stuff, and when they wake up, they vote for right wing parties, whick are in magnificent health all over the Continent.

• neiltennant says:

if you know im not an ethnic german

i do have brown hair and pale skin however there are people who say i look like a foreigner

and i did not experience so much racism in germany

plus i m bald maybe sometimes people think im a political skinhead haha

however im not sure if those reports and claims of dark people in germany are true or not

• passingtime85 says:

@andrew

Not that I particularly want to defend neiltennant, but I’d just like to point out that ethnic Afghans probably are not the mix of people you think they are, I mean they border Iran, I am not sure how they’d be mixed with Australoids. That mixed usually occurs further south towards the southern tip of India. Most Afghans should be a typical mix of Indo-European which falls into the category of Caucasoids.

• andrew says:

@passingtime

I agree with you, but I’ve seen some genetic maps/charts (not a stuff I actually really care much) where even Afghans scored 10/20% Australoid (Veddoid) admixture. It does not mean it alwais shows in phenotypes.

• passingtime85 says:

@andrew

Not sure how accurate that is but, neat, I wasn’t aware of that.

• andrew says:

there’s a Dravidian-speaking minority in Afghanistan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahui_people

• passingtime85 says:

Judging from the pictures on google, they’ve heavily mixed with the local population, they don’t look particularly distinct for the region. In older pictures they look like their southern cousins, but not so much anymore.

3. Ashford says:

Brooke Lisa Burke said that her heritage is Irish, French, Portuguese, and Jewish. She is the biggest liar. She is one those who likes to tag to others with privilege. She has Native American of the South (Seminole) blood and Turkish blood as well as Portuguese and French. Her features even show that and she can’t hide them, her face in particular. She might want plastice surgery to change that.
    In general term, she is a wannabe liar.

• Former MySpace Celebrity says:

How exactly do you know? That’s interesting…

• I love you, Roger Scientist says:

Prove it.

• neiltennant says:

she has also Asian not only Native American

• madman says:

follers, can you please add Brooke’s Asian and Native American ancestry since there is now proof (neiltennant said so)?

• follers says:

It’s on the list.

• andrew says:

@follers

how do we know that she has French and Portuguese ancestry?

I’d change to:

* Irish, other

• follers says:

The internet mentions Irish, Portuguese, French, and Jewish.

Her mother was born in the 1940s, when children that were adopted by Jews in the U.S. were just about always born Jewish (either born to two Jewish parents, or born to a Jewish mother and a non-Jewish father). This wasn’t really true anymore after the mid 1950s.

Since it looks like Burke’s maternal grandparents were a mixed-religion couple, perhaps that wasn’t the case here. Although since her mother was raised Jewish, maybe it was.

In any case, Irish and “other” is way too bare here. This is a good starting point.

• neiltennant says:

@follers

is that really true that jews were nt allowed to marry people of christian faith

• follers says:

Eh? What I said was that non-Jewish babies or children were almost never or never adopted by Jews back before the mid 1950s or so. That’s true, yes. There were specific Jewish adoption agencies, while other adoption agencies preferred not to place Christian babies with Jewish couples.

4. Ashford says:

Brooke Lisa Burke said that her heritage is Irish, French, Portuguese, and Jewish, she is the biggest liar. She is one those who like to tag other with privilege. She has Native American of the South (Seminole) blood and Turkish blood as well as Portuguese and French.
    In general term, she is a wannabe liar.

• I love you, Roger Scientist says:

Source please?

• neiltennant says:

its obvious that she has some thai or philippine roots
        but please don’t judge my sister

because in hollywood it s suicide to have asian roots

LOOK at MATTHEW MOY the guy from 2 BROKE GIRLS

the guy speaks perfect english and he has an anglo name but he plays only japanese foreign students and korean restaurant owner

5. Myspace Celebrity says:

I thought she was 1/4 Asian…of course I was wrong on that one.