Bow Wow

Birth Name: Shad Gregory Moss

Place of Birth: Columbus, Ohio, U.S.

Date of Birth: March 9, 1987

Ethnicity: African-American

Bow Wow is an American rapper, actor, and television personality, previously known as Lil’ Bow Wow. He is the son of Teresa Rena (Jones), who was born in Georgia, and Alfonso Preston Moss, who was born in Ohio. Bow Wow has a daughter.

Bow Wow’s paternal grandfather is Alfonso Preston Moss (the son of Frank Pierce Moss and Ernestine Williams).

Bow Wow has tweeted, among other things, “Im mixed. I dont know what my ancestors was doing”, “Im saying my moss side of family is NOT BLACK. Heritage different”, “my ancestors were in tribes. My moss side of my family is white and native”, “NO BLACK really on the moss side of the family. All my cousins have BLONDE HAIR BRO. Nephew etc.. look like bieber.”, among other statements of a similar nature.

He stated that he cannot relate to the civil rights struggles because of his heritage.

Hey if your cousins look like Justin Bieber and grandma look like betty white with looooooong blonde hair aye!

Sources: Information about Bow Wow’s family history – https://nketaorg.wordpress.com

Obituary of Bow Wow’s paternal great-grandmother, Ernestine (Williams) Moss http://www.legacy.com

s_bukley / Shutterstock.com

1. neiltennant says:

He indeed looks very mixed

on this picture he reminds me of boys school in england, where a lot of mixed boys of british and african decent came together

most of them had nigerian fathers and british mothers

• fuzzybear44 says:

@neiltennant

He’s most likely less mixed than you think

• midori29 says:

@Neiltennant you have a very very low threshold for saying someone is mixed. NO bow wow does not look mixed. Where do you cutt of mixed? I say if you parents are not of two different races then you are not mixed.

• neiltennant says:

maybe you are right

but we europeans or people growing up in europe do have problems with the WORD RACE

because for years scientists know that there is only one human race but different ethnicities

i know in the US you got the ”race” mentioned in your ID cards

i think its ridiculous.

For example i could handly be categorized

many people say to me that i look polish, others say turkish, others say russian, others say Tartar, others say czech, others say italian, greek etc. hahahahaha

i think i would be categorized as WHITE in the USA

but im not sure for my 2 sisters

one is pale as hell but has black hair she is white

but the other sister has a little bit slanty eyes

2. Elina says:

he look part white… what is his daughter ethnicity, she looks 75%white and 25% black actually.

• Elizabeth8 says:

He does look mixed a little but he’s more black.. and his daughter looks a little more black, well mixed and her mother is mixed.

• midori29 says:

@Elina, no he does not look part white at all

• M says:

He doesn’t look fully black though. He looks like a child of a biracial and a black person, I’ve seen some that look like him.

• fuzzybear44 says:

@M
          Quote:(He doesn’t look fully black though)

What does a fully black person in this country look like?

Quote:( He looks like a child of a biracial and a black person)

I have shown a number of times, that you can not tell how mixed a black person is in this country by their skin tone. blair underwood(26% euro) is more mixed than tyra banks

• andrew says:

There are not “fully” black People in New World, not even Haitians score 100% SSA in genetic tests

• fuzzybear44 says:

@Andrew

Quote( There are not “fully” black People in New World)

Well that’s interesting, even the geneticists in the articles I’ve read in the past hadn’t made that statement. The highest they’ve said was 3/4 of the AA population was mixed. Also what about all the 1st and second generation Africans that have come here( as well as other places), I’m sure they would test 100% African

I don’t know much about Haitians DNA, it’s not my main focus, so where did you find that information at?

• andrew says:

anyhow there are “fully” black people in New World, the descendants from recent immigrants,

3. Saraiah Dachae says:

Bow Wow is too cute! First of all: Light skined, Dimple, Hazel eyes, Cute lil’ body, PERFECT SMILE. Who the hell wouldn’t think he’s bomb? Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm

4. TooPrettyNdPaid says:

Heeee sooooo seexy damnnn

5. sydney says:

mhmmhhmmm bow wow is so talented and fine and he has green eyes not hazel and he said in a ustream video that somewhere down the line he has native american in his family