Bobby Jindal

Birth Name: Piyush Jindal

Birth Place: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, U.S.

Date of Birth: June 10, 1971

Ethnicity: Punjabi Indian

Bobby Jindal ia an American politician. A Republican, he was the 55th Governor of Louisiana, from January 14, 2008 to January 11, 2016. He was also Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services for Planning and Evaluation, from July 9, 2001 to February 21, 2003, and a Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Louisiana, from January 3, 2005 to January 14, 2008.

He was a candidate for the Republican Party’s nomination for President of the United States in 2016.

Bobby is the son of Punjabi Indian immigrant parents, and is the first Indian-American governor in the United States. Raised a Hindu, he converted to Catholicism while attending college. He is married to Supriya Jolly, with whom has three children.

Bobby is the first person of Indian heritage to mount a notable campaign for a major party’s nomination for President of the United States.

Bobby is one of three Asian-Americans to mount a notable campaign for a major American political party’s nomination for President of the United States. The other two people were:
*Hiram Fong (who sought the 1964 and 1968 Republican nominations; Fong was of Chinese descent)
*Patsy Mink (who sought the 1972 Democratic nomination; Mink was of Japanese descent)

Source: http://www.iht.com

Photo by United States Congress (http://www.gpoaccess.gov/) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

1. neiltennant says:

i can only laugh at those stupid people from minorities supporting or being in the republican party

disgusting

• bearboy says:

@Neitennant I am not a Republican but your comment is unbelievably ignorant and offensive. Minority groups that don’t think like you are not “stupid” or “disgusting” in fact different views in the U.S. is what makes this country so beautiful. If you hate Republican’s that is one thing but I think you should apologize for how you phrased that comment.

• neiltennant says:

please read carefully before attacking me on this way

that hurts me much and i have read your comment twice and cannot help myself

I did not say that its my opinion but

please The republicans traditionally do not care about minorities and so

Of course they have some african american and hispanic but traditionally they are not keen to have those people in their party

Did you have been on a national republican convention ? 99,99 percent whites and most of them blonde

NIKKI HALEY is an indian who can pass for a white but she was attacked by several republicans and called RAGHEAD

• bearboy says:

In other words a politician from South Carolina says something racist his party becomes a white supremacist group, right? BTW still waiting for you to give a quote of George W. Bush that proves he is against Latino’s like you claimed on Jeb Bush’s son’s page. BTW I am not a fan of George W. Bush but I don’t call people racists for attention.

• cwm85 says:

I doubt she can pass fully as Caucasian. She looks at best mestizo or middle eastern.

• Adrian1Cram says:

She most definitely can pass as white, she looks like a stereotypical white lady I see in my area. Not all white people are pale skinned with blonde hair, we are quite diverse you know.

• cwm85 says:

What you said is definitely is what most believed. I will say dems cater to more minority causes or concerns, middle class and poor and social programs. The GOP party definitely has to become more inclusive to not only different races but glbt people, women… to win the white house next year. If they continue to want to cut medicare and social security then they will have a hard time having a candidate in office. MOST gop stay away from minorities tho as they traditionally vote democratic. I am a moderate and independent who voted for gop Gov Larry Hogan last year. I’m certainly am not fully white with a black and native mix… thus am a minority. Currently I wouldn’t vote for none those running for office on gop side. But I’m not sold on Hilary as I find her disingenuous.

• bearboy says:

How are they supposed to be more inclusive? I understand LGBT rights but Hillary is no better at woman’s rights after accepting money from countries with horrible human rights violations. As Senator she gave 72 cents a woman to a man’s dollar. The only thing liberals can say against the Republican’s is they defend unborn lives. I am not a Republican but I stand with them on that.

• Greyface says:

WOW, what a low IQ comment

2. cwm85 says:

He’s an Indian american who seems not very proud of his race. He is a right wing panderer. He seems to have want to distance himself from his ethnicity and is in his mind European. Its sad.

• neiltennant says:

but without any success

look at NIKKI COX great assimilated politician and with more or less pale skin but she was confronted with racism several times and was called RAG-HEAD

hmmm as cher said years ago. She cannot understand that some of exotic or ethnic minority can support the republicans

• cwm85 says:

Nikki only recently acknowledge her Indian heritage, she was kinda forced to due to that racial killing down there. But I don’t expect her to bring it up anymore tho. It would be good for GOP for the party to appear more racially diverse because U.S. is a melting pot. I’m black, English, Scottish and Native American and proud of them all. Many people try to hide who they are and that’s unfortunate. Bobby Jindal does. I bet when he looks in mirror he doesn’t see his complexion or Race.

• neiltennant says:

come on please

it was always rejected by the established republicans to have diversity

its like in germany with the conservative parties

a little bit diversity is ok but not more

and the republicans are not a party for the minorities

always the party of the racist elite persons

• neiltennant says:

sorry NIKKI HALEY

Nicki cox is the old who is 39 but looks like 56 with her skin and lips

• Adrian1Cram says:

That’s quite a racist comment cwm85 especially to white people and indian people. It’s also a strong irrational assumption.

You seem to think all republicans are all racists because all of them are white, meaning all white people are racist – which isn’t true. Since Bobby Jindal isn’t white you deem him as a self-hater, again no facts supporting your views.

From what I notice you’re just race baiting him and hating on white people. Race shouldn’t matter and not all white people are racist. As a white guy I don’t see anything wrong with him being a republican.

• sarahle says:

his mind is NOT european it’s definitely US-american republican. your description “is in his mind European” makes no sense. europeans are pretty tolerant and proud of ethnic diversity.

3. neiltennant says:

Its not easy for indians or other exotic people to be in the republican party

they can do what they want and they can assimilate but they are seen as ”rag heads”

the same destiny happened to NIKKI COX

4. Cassie says:

Still a horrible governor

5. Louisianian says:

WHERE are race and politics separate issues? Race and politics are always linked in the U.S.

When Jindal ran for governor, nobody cared what his background might be. It simply was not an issue. It still isn’t. And his predecessor was a woman with a Spanish last name.

When will the rest of the US learn that not addressing race issues does not resolve them. The so-called Racist South has more politicians of different races than anywhere in the rest of the country.